Cavalier 4x4 turbo

Show off your pride and joy! All Mk3 Cavaliers are welcome (please post only one thread per car)
Cav.turbo

Cavalier 4x4 turbo

Post by Cav.turbo »

Here's a few pics of my Cavalier turbo 4x4. I've owned it since march 2000 and was completely standard when I got it.

It runs a td06 Mitsubishi evo 6 turbo, Courtney low comp pistons, vx220 head gasket, XE inlet cam with adjustable vernier. Lightened flywheel, EDS 3.5 management, cav16 uprated transfer box with locked rings for permanent 4x4. 335 monster discs with 4 pot front calipers. Custom exhaust with de-cat pipe. 10.6litre custom intercooler. The car has also been repainted in the Mk2 astra champion maroon. I had all the door shuts inner wings and inside the boot all done as well to make it a proper job.

I've just started my next project to fit epas from a corsa c and am in the middle of moving the dash to get the new column fitted.

This was the car the day I bought it in march 2000

gsi pie

Re: Cavalier 4x4 turbo

Post by gsi pie »

different dude :)

welcome to mk3.com :thumb

i quite like it tbh :)
My valver brings all the boys to the yard, dam right its cammed and carbed, dam right it pops and farts, I would show you but the fuker won't start!
Cav.turbo

Post by Cav.turbo »

gsi pie wrote:different dude :)

welcome to mk3.com :thumb

i quite like it tbh :)
Yea not everyone's cup of tea the gold rims, but its different and I like to be different.

She's not seen the road in 6 years, but 2013 is time to blow the dust off and show these vxr boys that old school is still quick.

Need to get fuel set up and find out what she's pulling. Last rolling road session pulled 289bhp and 298lb of torque. Got a new sard fuel reg, adjustable vernier and the td06. I'm hoping around 340lb of torque now and 310-320bhp
bigmitch

Post by bigmitch »

Not bad mate not liking the the removal if the indicators fom the wings personal opinion, but nice cav though.
dave955

Post by dave955 »

Hi mate awesome car. Glad to see your still at it I was chatting to you at billing in 10
Cav.turbo

Post by Cav.turbo »

bigmitch wrote:Not bad mate not liking the the removal if the indicators fom the wings personal opinion, but nice cav though.
Yea again not everyone's cup of tea, but it makes for a talking point. I didn't personally like the morettes with indicator the lens in. It just looked out of place.

Thanks for the comments guys.
Cav.turbo

Post by Cav.turbo »

dave955 wrote:Hi mate awesome car. Glad to see your still at it I was chatting to you at billing in 10
Yes I remember. It got trailered to billing. Don't like having a trailer queen so its got to see the road in 2013
TurboDan

Post by TurboDan »

Hey, welcome to the site!

Good to see another turbo, I'm not so keen on the smoothed indicators either but the rest looks great especially the engine bay. I bet its quick, what power is it running do you know?
garethw1986

Post by garethw1986 »

nice car mate looks well, bet it goes like shit of a stick, im sure i remember reading a feacher on this car in one of the mags? was it featured at any point?? remember the gold wheels and lack of indicators :cool
Cav.turbo

Post by Cav.turbo »

garethw1986 wrote:nice car mate looks well, bet it goes like shit of a stick, im sure i remember reading a feacher on this car in one of the mags? was it featured at any point?? remember the gold wheels and lack of indicators :cool
Yea was featured in total vauxhall and in the vxlscc mag many moons ago. It used to go well. But hoping for more this time out.
Cav.turbo

Post by Cav.turbo »

TurboDan wrote:Hey, welcome to the site!

Good to see another turbo, I'm not so keen on the smoothed indicators either but the rest looks great especially the engine bay. I bet its quick, what power is it running do you know?
Need to get fuel set up and find out what she's pulling. Last rolling road session pulled 289bhp and 298lb of torque. Got a new sard fuel reg, adjustable vernier and the td06. I'm hoping around 340lb of torque now and 310-320bhp
TurboDan

Post by TurboDan »

Nice! Should go very well. Them Evo turbo's are turning up everywhere now, cheap and very cheerful setup for a normal evo turbo!
Cav.turbo

Post by Cav.turbo »

Well after several years of sitting in the garage I got the cav in for an MOT

She passed

First drive with the td06 as well. It sounds loads better the the kkk and pulls well. Need to get some miles on it now then off to the rollers to set up fuel and boost and vernier
John Owens

Post by John Owens »

Well done on the mot . Just in time for the summer show seasons :-)
Cav.turbo

Post by Cav.turbo »

John Owens wrote:Well done on the mot . Just in time for the summer show seasons :-)
Yep she'll be at billing.
caza

Post by caza »

remember seeing it hiding in your garage, nice to see you still have her and being looked after , treat her nice ,good luck mate :thumb
Cav.turbo

Post by Cav.turbo »

caza wrote:remember seeing it hiding in your garage, nice to see you still have her and being looked after , treat her nice ,good luck mate :thumb
It's been hiding for way to many years.