Cav GSi RWD

Show off your pride and joy! All Mk3 Cavaliers are welcome (please post only one thread per car)
Liam

Cav GSi RWD

Post by Liam »

Hi :wave , thought i'd start a project thread on here for my cav gsi project. Some may have seen it before assuming theres probably a build thread on here for it somewhere (anyone got a link?), I saw it on Ebay and couldn't resist it so I bought it. Not 100% sure where i'm going with the project yet. So far I've ditched the gash alloys for some original slab alloys and put a full cav turbo leather interior in it but i'm tempted to strip it out and have it track focused with a random engine.. for now its staying relatively standard I think and use it a bit soon as i've sorted some decent engine mounts out for it....we'll see. Anyway some pics for those who haven't seen it.

It needs some major TLC to bring the paint up to scratch but theres no rust which is good news and the arches are really tidy. The main things I need to sort out is the engine and gearbox mounts and the engine wiring is a mess!! Just needs time and patience to tidy up really. Also took a pic of how close the 15'' sit to the bigger brakes lol

So, here goes :thumb
Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Re: Cav GSi RWD

Post by Envoy CDX »

Looks interesting. How well was the conversion done? More pics :D
Check the Rules!

Raw 8v Power! - Bad Cav, Naughty Cav... Cav want's to do 90!

The How2 Index
TurboDan

Post by TurboDan »

Just edited the pics for you to make them work.

This is going to be a great thread to watch. When i seen this on ebay i was dying to buy it but i talked myself out of it.

We need more pics!

Has the engine and box been lashed in then or is it a half decent job?
gsi pie

Post by gsi pie »

love this pic :)

My valver brings all the boys to the yard, dam right its cammed and carbed, dam right it pops and farts, I would show you but the fuker won't start!
Liam

Post by Liam »

TurboDan wrote:Just edited the pics for you to make them work.

Has the engine and box been lashed in then or is it a half decent job?

Cheers, I was in the middle of redoing it when I realised what I'd done lol.

Unfortunatley it has been lashed in but I'm tidying it up. I'll have loads of pics just need to sort work out. been with the same company for 10 years but the boys didn't get paid last week... things should iron out this week and soon as work is back on track then I'll start spending :D I need to sort the engine and gearbox mounts properly, it still has a fwd sump!!! So need x20xev sump and pickup pipe from an omega to sort that. It just needs a bit of time and probably not too much money.
jimmy

Post by jimmy »

Awesome looking forward to updates :thumb :cool :cool
[center]Image
[/center]
Liam

Post by Liam »

Been a while since I updated anything, progress is a little slow at the moment as I was laid off recently due to a national refrigeration company going under, bad times. But fortunately ive quickly found another job and waiting for my first pay packet so I can get the cavalier back on track. In the mean time my plans have changed, its now going to be my track car lol, its already stripped out (no pics yet as its dark everytime I get home!). Basically i'm realistically aiming for it to be caged, which I already have a quote for, decked on 18's hopefully tucking a bit of rim, and a bit more power but not planning any silly power gains. That is if the car will start again, it died earlier today and now it wont turn over. Love it!! Time for a basic service to see if it fancies starting. I've also fitted aerocatch bonnet catches and done away with the original bonnet catch. Hopefully more updates soon as I get paid :D
TurboDan

Post by TurboDan »

Sounds good, i'm doing a cav track car myself so will be good to see how you do it :)

How much was the quote you had for the cage?
gsi pie

Post by gsi pie »

for sale so soon dude?
My valver brings all the boys to the yard, dam right its cammed and carbed, dam right it pops and farts, I would show you but the fuker won't start!