GSI no: 2.

Show off your pride and joy! All Mk3 Cavaliers are welcome (please post only one thread per car)
cavaliersri130

Re: GSI no: 2.

Post by cavaliersri130 »

graham8v wrote:polhill show? tell me more please! Just had a look at your picture of your 3 cavaliers together, I'm sure i've met you. Did you sell some door cards on ebay about a year back? If you did, i was the one that got them, still not fitted them yet though :)
Its at badgers mount polhill garden centre classic cars and bikes there every year.
Once driven forever smitten , The car of the future today.
graham8v

Post by graham8v »

I know the garden centre, will try to get along
iangsi
Club Admin

Post by iangsi »

graham8v wrote:polhill show? tell me more please! Just had a look at your picture of your 3 cavaliers together, I'm sure i've met you. Did you sell some door cards on ebay about a year back? If you did, i was the one that got them, still not fitted them yet though :)
The show is in the car park after the place shuts, so the gates reopen for the show at 6:30pm on Monday 13th July may see you there then and yes I did sell a set of cloth turbo door cards a while back.
cavaliersri130

Post by cavaliersri130 »

iangsi wrote:
The show is in the car park after the place shuts, so the gates reopen for the show at 6:30pm on Monday 13th July may see you there then and yes I did sell a set of cloth turbo door cards a while back.
The garden centre doesn't shut m8 believe me I've worked the last two for some funny reason they leave it open, pointless if you ask me as no one ventures in only the older people who for some funny reason seem to want to buy flowers and tools at night rather than look at classic cars.
Once driven forever smitten , The car of the future today.
iangsi
Club Admin

Post by iangsi »

Well it's still going & I've changed both the front door cards for some better one's that I got off a member on here who's name I can't remember & as a bonus the wood trim match's my existing ones better than the old one's which looked like this,

other then that I've just been driving it now & again.
Lowrider Dave
Club Admin

Post by Lowrider Dave »

Good to know she still moving!
Lowrider Dave.

Archer 2.0 GLS
Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Post by Envoy CDX »

What are your long term plans for this one Ian?
Check the Rules!

Raw 8v Power! - Bad Cav, Naughty Cav... Cav want's to do 90!

The How2 Index
iangsi
Club Admin

Post by iangsi »

Well the original plan was just to keep it standard, tidy it up & drive it while I restored my black J plate one but I haven't even started that yet, so I suppose I'll just keep it on the road as long as I can & see how it goes.
iangsi
Club Admin

Post by iangsi »

Well just got another years MOT today with no advisories, but with only covering 503 miles last year I wouldn't expect any really !
3cav3

Post by 3cav3 »

Great to hear another one is staying on the road. Would like to find a nice gsi myself but they all seem rotten. 503 miles in a year isn't that low. Last year when I sorted my mums car for her on the mot I noticed it had only done 8 miles.
James McGrath
Club Admin

Post by James McGrath »

Nice one Ian. :thumb

On the road for another year.
anj_coop

Post by anj_coop »

:thumb
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

3cav3 wrote:when I sorted my mums car for her on the mot I noticed it had only done 8 miles.
Eight more than mine has done!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
iangsi
Club Admin

Post by iangsi »

Finally got the pics off of cavaliersri130 of when we met up at a local car show one evening In 2015 that we talked about earlier in this thread.

But this one is now off the road for the winter got to get a car cover ordered for it now though.
Lowrider Dave
Club Admin

Post by Lowrider Dave »

Still looking lovely Ian.
Lowrider Dave.

Archer 2.0 GLS
iangsi
Club Admin

Post by iangsi »

Well not much has changed got another years MOT after an initial failure & some work to sort it out still needs little bits & pieces doing though.
iangsi
Club Admin

Post by iangsi »

Just taxed this again, time to put some miles on it as I didn't use it at all last year, see what problems it throws at me in the way of work needed.
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

I presume it will be leakages if anything due to dried seals etc.

Or surface corrosion due to being stood for 12 months.

Cannot see any issues being due to wear and tear - tee hee.

Be nice to see some new / recent pictures of the wee beasty.
iangsi
Club Admin

Post by iangsi »

Well just got another years MOT albeit a month late as I didn't receive the reminder from my test center, initially it failed on windscreen washers not working & the brake pad warning light on the dash being on but the pads were OK so I wasn't worried, but after a bit of fiddling at the test center. I now have another years ticket :cool
Apparently all warning lights are a fail under the MOT rules that came into effect in May of this year.
I'm now in possession of a second hand Magnex stainless steel cat back exhaust system, not sure if I'll get it fitted before any of the 2 shows I intend to attend in September although we'll see.
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

Excellent news.
Another MOT pass. :thumb

Always a relief to get the pass sheet.
Even if you were not worried about a fail.

You can now kick your heels back and do jobs at your leisure.

It isn't a 100% requirement to have the car perfect for the car shows. A lot of the enjoyment is seeing all the examples and sharing stories of trials and tribulations.
iangsi
Club Admin

Post by iangsi »

Well I managed to get some ramp time at my local MOT test center & fitted my Magnex stainless steel cat back exhaust system I also sourced a brand new Piper stainless de-cat pipe from Larkspeed performance center on Ebay which was listed as fitting the Calibra but not a cav even Piper didn't know if it would fit, it was also a bit cheaper than direct from Piper which is weird.
I'll let the pics do the talking
From this

To this

The Magnex tailpipe is a similar twin round style to the Sebring one but is slightly smaller.
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

Nice set of pipes you have there.
Hopefully last the life-time of the car too.

Obvious question alert!!
Any noticeable difference to how the car sounds, feels and generally runs?
iangsi
Club Admin

Post by iangsi »

Robsey wrote:Nice set of pipes you have there.
Hopefully last the life-time of the car too.

Obvious question alert!!
Any noticeable difference to how the car sounds, feels and generally runs?
Sound wise it has a slightly deeper burble to it, running seems OK, feels a bit more responsive not much though not driven it enough to be sure. I might borrow the K & N panel filter out of my other car to see if that makes any difference.
Mazza

Post by Mazza »

K&N and piper cross filters will make a slight difference - I’ve tried a few variations over the year of a number of different gsi / turbo.

Standard filters are ok but nothing special.

While you got the filter out, I’d suggest a quick air clean / wipe to clean out any dust etc.

Downside - K&n and piper cross filters are more expensive, but I personally feel they do make a difference.

Btw, Nice looking tailend.
iangsi
Club Admin

Post by iangsi »

Well I got another years ticket for the car yesterday with only one advisory about the rear tyres cracked where the side wall meets the tread all the way around, which is a real pain as the tyres are Toyo proxies with at least 6 - 7mm of tread left. Moral is if you don’t use the car much buy cheaper tyres.