GSI no: 2.

Show off your pride and joy! All Mk3 Cavaliers are welcome (please post only one thread per car)
Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Re: GSI no: 2.

Post by Envoy CDX »

Oh crumbs :(
Check the Rules!

Raw 8v Power! - Bad Cav, Naughty Cav... Cav want's to do 90!

The How2 Index
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

I have looked online.

A quick google of Vauxhall "insert part number listed below" got the following:-

AutoVaux show prices and availability for all items.
Assuming it is the XE lump and 89 /90 model year.
EPC lists as follows:-

Top bend hose - 90 265 786 = non air con
Top bend hose - 90 265 789 = air con

Bottom hose - 90 265 796 = some non air con and all air con

Radiator - manual - 90 422 622. (GPS Site)

I would phone though as they often quote having stock, when there is none.

Probably get both hoses for around £40.
The radiator, approx £85.

The radiator will suit any big block Cavalier 1.8, and non-turbo 2.0.
iangsi
Club Admin

Post by iangsi »

OK thanks for the information Robsey, 👍
iangsi
Club Admin

Post by iangsi »

A bit belatedly it’s got another years MOT, though it’s spent most of the summer on axle stands trying to sort last year’s advisories out. I fitted used by me grooved rear discs & black diamond pads, whilst doing this I fitted the Goodrigde stainless braided flexible lines front & rear. Which I got from Envoy CDX. In doing so I noticed a rusty external spring hanging down turning to the other side to check fitment there was nothing there at all ! so time to track down some replacements which was easier than I thought more time waiting for parts though obviously not genuine, on to the fronts I fitted new M-Tec grooved and dimpled discs & genuine GM pads which revealed seized caliper pistons so time to get onto Biggred and order a repair kit. Upon reassembly I managed cross thread the caliper slide bolts onto the carrier bracket more parts needed again Envoy CDX to the rescue. Anyway it’s all back together now just in time for the tax to run out and more expense as I now live in the newly expanded ULEZ zone in London.
James McGrath
Club Admin

Post by James McGrath »

Glad to hear you're persisting with it Ian, despite the ULEZ. What a total pain in the bum! If I had more time on my hands I'd probably join the blade runners!
Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Post by Envoy CDX »

iangsi wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:19 pm A bit belatedly it’s got another years MOT, though it’s spent most of the summer on axle stands trying to sort last year’s advisories out. I fitted used by me grooved rear discs & black diamond pads, whilst doing this I fitted the Goodrigde stainless braided flexible lines front & rear. Which I got from Envoy CDX. In doing so I noticed a rusty external spring hanging down turning to the other side to check fitment there was nothing there at all ! so time to track down some replacements which was easier than I thought more time waiting for parts though obviously not genuine, on to the fronts I fitted new M-Tec grooved and dimpled discs & genuine GM pads which revealed seized caliper pistons so time to get onto Biggred and order a repair kit. Upon reassembly I managed cross thread the caliper slide bolts onto the carrier bracket more parts needed again Envoy CDX to the rescue. Anyway it’s all back together now just in time for the tax to run out and more expense as I now live in the newly expanded ULEZ zone in London.
Glad its back together and the parts came in useful. :)
Check the Rules!

Raw 8v Power! - Bad Cav, Naughty Cav... Cav want's to do 90!

The How2 Index
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

Damn the ULEZ...

Don't you just hate it, when you get the car fixed... and then the tax or something expires.

Hopefully you will get some fun-time in the Cavalier in the months ahead.