Cavalier 1.6L

Show off your pride and joy! All Mk3 Cavaliers are welcome (please post only one thread per car)
Metallicav

Re: Cavalier 1.6L

Post by Metallicav »

The few little bits I acquired :)
And gsi lights although on the TD (used the sellers photos for both gsi bits because of laziness :p )
And photos of my now clean leather seats :D
ImageImage
Also what I found in the back pouches of both seats :lol: Seems like the previous owner of the SRi these came out of before it was crushed was a House mad fisherman who had kids or just liked icecream :lol:
Someone on here might even remember the Sri, it was the rough white one on eBay ages ago that had gold Oz Polaris alloys, hatch modded gsi kit and a stupid massive Evo wing on the back :lol
Glacier White 92 16SV Cavalier L
Glacier White 95 16V Cavalier Sri

Jungle Green Vectra b Sri Estate Daily
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

Those CD's belong in the bin! :lol: It is amazing what you find in older cars, under the seats etc, once you start digging.
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
Metallicav

Post by Metallicav »

Yeah it was hillarious when I found the contents of a full toothpick container behind the centre console and under sound deadening in the TD :lol: unused ones at least!

Metallicav

Post by Metallicav »

About time for an update its been long enough :?
Got the newer hole free bonnet on the car back in february, I think i prefer the badge less look and it's a good colour match
Got the dash out and was happy about the condition behind there,although the wiring was really daunting :?
I got some more appropriate 195/55/15 on the the wheels, recently picked up a set of locking wheel nuts to keep them where they should be and I've since got a fourth centre cap to match
Another deviation from the original plan of standard... all in the name of improvement though :)
Also a great pickup, Brand new front rubber mud flaps with alll clips (Rubbish photo i know but only realized I didn't have a photo ready)

A couple of days ago the heater matrix was removed because the tray was still flooded from when the car had the leak, I took it to a local radiator place to have it checked out and Picked it up today after being cleaned and pressure tested seems like its good for another few years, another 22 years would be nice :lol:

Got home and fitted it, unfortunately couldn't take any photos at this point because the my phone screen wouldn't work, with everything behind the dash sorted I could finally get the new black dash in so spent today doing that finally... :lol:
It definately would do with a cleaning since it came out of cav that was stood in someones garden for 7-8 years :lol:
A bit more assembled and with the new wheel test fitted, although the light switches facia is now in place after a couple of blown fuses from test fitting the leveling switch the wrong way around :lol: luckily the only problem I came across atleast.

Metallicav

Post by Metallicav »

Metallicav wrote:Also a great pickup, Brand new front rubber mud flaps with all clips (Rubbish photo I know but only realized I didn't have a photo ready)

Metallicav

Post by Metallicav »

It's been way too long since my last update so this will be a small catch up, the car is finally back on the road (First time in my 20 month ownership :? ) It is also on as my first car after passing my test, would have had it much sooner but took a big gap out of having lessons.

Back in December I put the car through an MOT and it passed with flying colours which was very good news, still got a couple of bits to do until I'm completely happy with it though, the Cambelt is overdue a change so that will be done either this week or early on next week, already had a word with the garage we use regularly and they are going to be doing it, I'll be doing an update on all the things that have happened with the car since my last posts when I find the time.
ImageImage

iangsi
Club Admin

Post by iangsi »

Glad to see it's back on the road where it belongs :thumb Those GSI door cards you sold me matched up fine & are all fitted.
3cav3

Post by 3cav3 »

a great looking car, when you first got it, bar the reg (mine was a G) everything is identical to my first cavalier in 1999,that is until it had an argument with an astra on a country lane on the same day as I got sacked from my job and my girlfriend dumped me! one of those days when I should of stayed in bed!
James McGrath
Club Admin

Post by James McGrath »

3cav3 wrote:it had an argument with an astra on a country lane on the same day as I got sacked from my job and my girlfriend dumped me! one of those days when I should of stayed in bed!
:shock:

That has got to rank as one of the all time worst days any man has ever experienced.