satin red gsi 2000

Show off your pride and joy! All Mk3 Cavaliers are welcome (please post only one thread per car)
beermonsterblack

Re: satin red gsi 2000

Post by beermonsterblack »

planetc wrote:Interesting that has calibrated clocks installed. Could have been a police vehicle originally if they are original.
unfortuantly not mike the previous owner and them installed after a fault with the original unit but he supplied me the paperwork for this work to verify the millage is correct thankfully :thumb
Well, thank you, Mr. Bandit. And as the pursuer, may I say you're the goddamnedest pursuee I've ever pursued
beermonsterblack

Re: bourdeux red gsi 2000

right it's update time sorry for the long delay but ive been busy as you will see so we left with hole finding surprise surprise a gsi cav with tin worm who would of thought it
so first patch of many almost in
then rusty boot floor drop off
new fabricated one fitted
inner arch fitted
as you can see I decided to fit the outer arch in 2 pieces as to look oem

for some reason I didn't get a pic of the finished dogleg section or the upper but you will see that next

outer quarter lower was repaired and refitted again no pic for some reason
Well, thank you, Mr. Bandit. And as the pursuer, may I say you're the goddamnedest pursuee I've ever pursued
beermonsterblack

wheel arch first filler coat
high build primer the grey was to cover some rub thoughsImage
dog leg section join
door shut area
and painted finally
next I changed out one totally mint bootlid
for one in a nice gold colour
and that concludes this update for now please will all the pro's go easy on me im not a professional and am new to bodywork finishing I don't do this on a daily basis but im happy with the results I have achieved there are a couple of slight runs and dust as painted outside which I will flat out and polish once it's fully cured one question for the experienced out there now I know the car has been resprayed in its life but my paint seems abit brighter is this a case the car is wrong colour the paint shop mixed me the wrong colour or do I need to apply more coats to make it darker altho I like the brighter shade :scratch
btcctroy
Mk3 Cavalier Rust Buster

Post by btcctroy »

Pretty good attempt that. The welds look tidy. Only thing I can criticise is the amount of filler used.
As for the paint, did you use aerosols ?
cavTurbonath

Post by cavTurbonath »

Good work there. Very impressed. 10 time better than you would get at 90% of the garages out there :thumb
beermonsterblack

thanks guys and the paint is base and clear through a spray guy not cans there is quite abit of filler in this side as it was rotten quite away up the quarter but the drivers is just along the lip so should be ok
wafers

Post by wafers »

Any updates on this resto?
beermonsterblack

it has slowed down for the minute as life sometimes gets in the way and neighbours getting the arse about me working on it on the drive so have to use my m8s shed when its avalible but will be back on it soon would like to try and show it at the pc show in march at the nec
James McGrath
Club Admin

Post by James McGrath »

Nice work man! :thumb
beermonsterblack

hoping to get back to it this year not really much done other then the wheels have been refurbished been having the odd running issue but im considering a full strip and rebuild