my c20ne gls

Show off your pride and joy! All Mk3 Cavaliers are welcome (please post only one thread per car)
joshy94

my c20ne gls

Post by joshy94 »

ok so here goes...im a 22 year old lad from west midlands, dudley to be precise. Brought my first car ( 1.0 corsa b with 40'000 on the clock ) in 2013 when I passed my test. A few of my friends and me included are big fans of vauxhalls and this has led me to buying my friends dads gls for £300. it needs some work as do most old vauxhalls but the 2.0 8valve engine has only 62'000 on the clocks and no abuse. will try and upload photos but still getting used to the site as im not familiar with how to use it :)
joshy94

Re: my c20ne gls

Post by joshy94 »

Can any one tell me what the name of the panel is that has rusted by the lights as I am trying to find a repair panel for it thank you

Lowrider Dave
Club Admin

Post by Lowrider Dave »

Hello and welcome to the forum - hope you enjoy your stay!

I believe the panel under the lights is known as the Front end lower panel - 90307418 is the part number.
http://www.genuinepartsearch.co.uk/?partnumber=90307418
Lowrider Dave.

Archer 2.0 GLS
iangsi
Club Admin

Post by iangsi »

Hi I don't know what it's called, but I got one from a breakers for mine, there's a nut & bolt at each end fixing it to the wings & a spot welded bracket in the middle behind the grill.
joshy94

Post by joshy94 »

thanks for the top tips guys gunna keep an eye out at a local breakers. Took out the tool set today, reveal the extent of the damage. Don't expect lots of quick reply's as I'm looking at this as a next summer ready-ish job hahaha should be good fun.

The cav in its natural state, off the road being repaired hahah

Couldn't resist posing with its cousin

joshy94

Post by joshy94 »

well as promised next summer is nearly this summer I have located and replaced said panel replaced both eletric mirrors as mine were buggered and I am now just waiting on warm weather and my tax return so I can get her welded up and motted ( rear sub frame had rotted through) so yea pictures soon to follow guys.

btw any one live near to dudley and have some seats for sale ?
joshy94

Post by joshy94 »

well ive had a couple quotes on the body work and subframe and chassy rails looks like £1500 just to get her welded and sprayed, im not willing to sink that kind of cash into a a car im not gun a get a return on so if any one wants to buy the car before I go scrap her in leave a comment
Mazza

Post by Mazza »

Damn sorry to hear

sadly it's the case of most old cars
Cabletwitch

Post by Cabletwitch »

Have a word with Mr McGrath, he's just in need of a couple of doors of pretty much that colour...
Never use another Cav driver as guidance to a destination, unless you REALLY want to explore the country.

"Won't SOMEBODY please think of the scones?"

1.7TD Ethos (Slightly broken)
1.8i (Given up, going for parts)
2.0i (WHY won't it work?!)