Cavalier gsi

Show off your pride and joy! All Mk3 Cavaliers are welcome (please post only one thread per car)
Ryan Gsi 1990

Cavalier gsi

Post by Ryan Gsi 1990 »

Hi guys I'm new here! Not new to cavaliers though. Currently undertaking a light resto on my 1990 Gsi 2000. Nearly done now though. Does anyone have any info on my car or any previous owners here? H586keh
Thanks in advance. Ryan
Robsey
Club Admin

Re: Cavalier gsi

Post by Robsey »

What info are you looking for?
Anything specific?

Direct.gov will give a lot of historical info like MOT history,
Or taxation info.

If you are looking for factory info, that is a lot harder to come by.

You could try putting your VIN into the Ecat24 website..
Or you can PM me your VIN, and I will see what if anything it pulls up on Vauxhall's EPC4 software.

Cavalier coverage is very hit and miss.
Many Diplomats seem to be recognised by as little as the registration number, my LSi is only recognised by VIN.
Others are not recognised at all.

But worth a punt if you are really interested.
Ryan Gsi 1990

Post by Ryan Gsi 1990 »

Hi. Thanks for the reply.

Mainly looking for previous owners to shed some light on what's been done to it etc. It appears to have been off the road from 2006 up until I bought it in November 16. It's in good shape overall but seems to have had a few modifications that are not in the history folder so was just looking to see what has been done to it. I typed the reg into google and it seems a few years ago a previous owner was looking for it to see if it was still alive.
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

All I can suggest is try writing to the previous owner on your V5C.

Beyond that, I don't suppose the previous owner has the older "Pre-Red panel" V5C.

I know I have 4 for my Cavalier, all in the different print styles over the years since 1994.