Ecotec CDX Runabout

Show off your pride and joy! All Mk3 Cavaliers are welcome (please post only one thread per car)
T1BBST3R

Ecotec CDX Runabout

Post by T1BBST3R »

https://flic.kr/s/aHskSZsPz2

Above is a flikr link to the pictures, hope it works.

Bought from ebay last Month for a whopping £675 and didn't even haggle.

Bad bits

Rusty sill round drivers side rear wheel arch
Bumps and dents on the boot and a slight ding in the drivers wheel arch (from an elderly previous owner from Bristol), scratches on the wing mirrors and a repaired drivers wing.
Tear in drivers door card
New shocks & top mounts needed
Vauxhall badges missing from wheels (hand car wash water jets) and a few other odds and sods.

Good bits

Under 45k on the clock
Factory fitted remote central locking with alarm & immobilizer.
Has air con which works great
It's a CDX so has electric sunroof, 15" wheels and all the interior trims seem a little nicer.

Oddly enough it has it's own diary this car, the 2nd and 3rd owners knew eachother, the latter who owned it over 10 years until last November (to drive to the shops in and what not) wrote a 3 page list of all the faults & fixes it's had with the mileage included.
Going to get a quote done for the rear sill in the week as its rusty right round underneath up through the drain holes where the underseal is peeling away and just inside the door it's rotten right through and needs a new rubber strip.
Then will be changing the shocks and brushing some stone chip repair up round all the box sections ect. where the galv and paint is peeling away at the same time & spraying the inside sections with waxyoyl amongst a few other things.

This is going to be my car now for the foreseeable future after I sell my GLS.
N-Dog

Re: Ecotec CDX Runabout

Post by N-Dog »

Just found your FlickR link..... what happened to N780SOC? Was that a GLS like mine? Looks like a similar colour, too!
1995 (M) Cavalier 2.0 16v GLS saloon
T1BBST3R

Post by T1BBST3R »

Bought my current car to have the Aircon and ended up selling the green car to put towards a deposit on a house as was a little short.
Would have kept it and had 2 cars as was working for a company using pool vans you had to pick up from the workshop which they didn't like you driving at weekends if you got back late on Friday or something (happened quite a lot) but they only let you have no claims on 1 car.
Think was quoted 550 for insurance......
Regret selling it now had some good times in that car, think I got 600£. Meaner and greener I used to call it. A red 1.8 I had before caught fire on my father's drivr. That ended up as a banger racer I think.
N-Dog

Post by N-Dog »

Well you'll be pleased to know that according to the DVLA website, the car is still taxed and MOTd. I wonder where it is....?
1995 (M) Cavalier 2.0 16v GLS saloon
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

My service history is on here... all 80 pages of it. :P

Looking forward to seeing this one take shape.

CDX eh? - All the toys. Excellent.