Recent purchase sri 16v saloon

Show off your pride and joy! All Mk3 Cavaliers are welcome (please post only one thread per car)
Trigg eh day

Recent purchase sri 16v saloon

Post by Trigg eh day »

Hi all il start of by introducing myself here at the age of 23 i have an addiction to collecting f****d old griffins and last week's purchase landed me with a 1993 sri 16v saloon from London I stay in the highlands of Scotland drove 580 miles back not a issue very impressed wouldn't trust my 1.9 vectra for that task :D
Previous owner had it for 13 years it's very original not been messed about with to much and most of all its solid unlike most of the cavs up my way so we have a good base to start from bodywork wise it's rideld with dents and scratches as to be expected from a car from the city but that's not a issue a friend of mine has a bodyshop next door to me I often pay attention and help out just to learn which has payed of greatly so be able to do most of the bodywork myself and get him to paint it .
here's where I'm lost its a 16v but has a 8v engine in it horrible to look at and no enough poke to please me so I'm stuck with what to put in it do I go for the 16v redtop to keep the car original that's what feels right but 150 bhp Is not what I'm used to after owning various z20 powered griffins so leads me to a c20 let but as we all know there few and far between and come at a premium price but ties in with the originality of the car to some extent or we have the Saab b204 route cheap cheerful run big power but would ruin the car I think or last but not least a z20 let modern day of the c20 readily available well priced owned a few so know them quite well but unsure of how it would bolt up and to get it running so what I'm after is some thoughts and opinions as I really don't know what to do with the cav just now haha

could someone be able to tell me how to upload photos can't seem to figure it out haha
bobthevoice

Re: Recent purchase sri 16v saloon

Post by bobthevoice »

Hi there, ref photos Photobucket seems to be a good option for here. i'm sure someone will be able to advise you on engine choices although my preference would generally be as original as possible. good luck and welcome to the club.

Bob
Jacoby

Post by Jacoby »

bobthevoice wrote:Hi there, ref photos Photobucket seems to be a good option for here. i'm sure someone will be able to advise you on engine choices although my preference would generally be as original as possible. good luck and welcome to the club.

Bob
I'm looking forward to seeing some photos Trigg.
Lowrider Dave
Club Admin

Post by Lowrider Dave »

Trigg eh day wrote:here's where I'm lost its a 16v but has a 8v engine in it
Here's where I'm lost - is it a 16v or an 8v?! lol

To add photos to the forum see the Global announcements here:
viewforum.php?f=70
Lowrider Dave.

Archer 2.0 GLS
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

If you are good with wiring and conversions, you could Z-LET it.
Using an engine from Astra-G
(The least complex ECU wise.)

There are a few threads about this if you have a rummage / search through.
cavalier1990

Post by cavalier1990 »

Hi Trig

What about this:

https://www.gumtree.com/p/car-replaceme ... 1237010642

Sure you could shoehorn that in if you wanted :) it's in Perth too. If you ditch the 2.0 ohc (it is 2.0 right?) I could take it off your hands to replace my 1.8.