My 56k 1.8 cavalier L. Phase 1 model.

Show off your pride and joy! All Mk3 Cavaliers are welcome (please post only one thread per car)
3cav3

Re: My 56k 1.8 cavalier L. Phase 1 model.

Post by 3cav3 »

As the move date is fast approaching I finally pulled my finger out and put it in for its mot. It's failed but nothing serious. A drive shaft gaitor, a brake pipe and a slightly seized handbrake due to standing for a few months. Not bad for a car that's knocking towards 30!
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

That ain't bad at all, I'd be very pleased with that result.
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
3cav3

Post by 3cav3 »

just collected the old girl tonight. Driving back through the sun I rememebered why I love the Cavaliers so much, so have for the time being decided to keep it. - Parking space that maybe interesting, I wonder if I can recreate the scenes from Butterflies, everytime I want to take my van out, lol.
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

I am of an age where I can remember Wendy Craig, Geoffrey Palmer and a super Young Nicholas Lindhurst...
But don't quite understand the reference's relationship to a Cavalier.

However, there is a strangely mystical charm than can only be gained from driving a well behaved Cavalier in rude health.
ilovedmymantas

Post by ilovedmymantas »

I'm glad you decided to keep it.
Nostalgia is what keeps me happy with my cav , being practical is nowhere near as satisfying :lol:
" It's not rust. It's age-related patina " ;)

1980 vauxhall cavalier MK1 1.6L, 1982 opel manta berlinetta 1.8s, 1985 opel manta 2.0 gte, 1990 cavalier 2.0 gl ,1994 cavalier sri x20xev

-1995 cdx x20xev

---------------
Matt
3cav3

Post by 3cav3 »

Robsey wrote:I am of an age where I can remember Wendy Craig, Geoffrey Palmer and a super Young Nicholas Lindhurst...
But don't quite understand the reference's relationship to a Cavalier.

However, there is a strangely mystical charm than can only be gained from driving a well behaved Cavalier in rude health.
One of the scenes I remember is every time Ben wanted to get his car out he had to get his sons to move their car first then put them back. It'll be like that on my new driveway. You can guarantee the car you need will always be at the back.
3cav3

Post by 3cav3 »

I did sell this when I moved as due to a lack of parking plus having to almost sell a kidney to fund the house I needed money aswell.
As with all cars I sell, I always from time to time check up on them via the car tax site and mot check. This morning I called up its details on the tax site and no records can be found. It would appear that some moron has scrapped it?!? I dont know how they could do such a thing, the car had such low millage and was far from a rot box. I accept that they sills may of needed some work at some time, but that's not enough of a reason to scrap a car that has made it for 34 years. Sadly another Cavalier gone for ever.
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

That is such a shame. :(
James McGrath
Club Admin

Post by James McGrath »

Yeah, that sucks. I wonder if it was deported?
3cav3

Post by 3cav3 »

Its things like this that stop me from selling my green one, I'm unable to give it the care it needs at the moment but am frightened that the same thing could happen to it. Three times in the past I've sold really good classic cars ( or cars that were on the cusp of being classics) and they've ended up getting scrapped in anything from a few months to a couple of years.