cavalier GSI restore

Show off your pride and joy! All Mk3 Cavaliers are welcome (please post only one thread per car)
Ricard

cavalier GSI restore

Post by Ricard »

hello guys , i'm from Portugal, and this is my Project.
it is from 92 and is a c20xe gsi original.
the ideia is to restore, and tring to do the must of the work

[Image

the rust

the engein

the wire from the central control for the rear windos was cut, i'm traing to fix

this is my hobby for the wekends :D
Mazza

Re: cavalier GSI restore

Post by Mazza »

Hi and welcome.

Nice car... needs some tlc..

I see it’s got the original exhaust

Check the car all round, including interior, engine/boot... make a list as a starting point.

I’m restoring my cavalier turbo - see my story. I’ve been collected lots of parts overs the years and some that I had from my gsi 4x4. Most parts are available, but some specific items are a bit rare or expensive to buy.

Also, not forgetting a Great bunch of guys here with lots of knowledge
iangsi
Club Admin

Post by iangsi »

That looks to be a good starting point not to much rust unlike UK cars, the rear arches on my 91 GSI have completely disappeared. That's a serious case of lacquer peel though, better sun damage than rust in my opinion.
Mazza

Post by Mazza »

I suggest to get the car on the lift and check the underneath of the car, sills and critical areas.

I’ll be surprised if there’s nothing hiding behind the body kit panels - generally it’s area where water gets trapped. However saying that you’re in hot area of the world so might be lucky.

What’s the cloth interior like..?
Ricard

Post by Ricard »

the car have some rust on the trunk, and on various poinst but nothing extreme. The interior is all cream, when i take some photos i put hear.

have a exaust pipe rust to

i'm gone try to put a new piece of tube to repair