Thread of cavs

Show off your pride and joy! All Mk3 Cavaliers are welcome (please post only one thread per car)
Colorado

Thread of cavs

Post by Colorado »

Can't find any old threads I did so what can I think of. 2016 summer colorado cavalier got to have a weeks holiday in Devon. 1000 miles clocked in that week. March 2017 CD on the road as the colorado has a slight weep from diff casing meaning I need to change gasket and a corrosion repair to the drivers side rear wheel arch near to the sill end. Got the corrosion done. And then the CD enters the fray. MOT pass with advisory on both sill ends and CV joins. Get sills done and wait for the CV boots to go which they do eventually. Then catalyst fails. Get new one that fails get another one which doesn't but the car feels constipated. Winter 2017/2018 finishes off drivers rear arch so get that done. Bin catalyst put decat pipe on. Tailpipe goes so get a slightly used sportex one and bung it on. All works again. Continual problem with abs it keeps cutting in when moving in slow traffic no idea why. Then rear electric window motor regulator self destructs. No spares available so have shaped piece of wood to prop window up. Mrs c tells me in no uncertain terms how much she dislikes the CD, so from next March the colorado will be back on the road, after I do the oil leak of course... If I get time with a teenager a baby and a disabled 4 year old.....
Cavalier342

Re: Thread of cavs

Post by Cavalier342 »

Here you go mate, I just ran a quick search:

Colorado thread:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1556&hilit=colorado

CD thread:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=12339&hilit=colorado
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
Colorado

Post by Colorado »

Wow thanks see I knew you would be able to do something I hadn't got a clue about!
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

No problem.
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...