Vectra gt 20seh from north of spain

Show off your pride and joy! All Mk3 Cavaliers are welcome (please post only one thread per car)
BasqueMK3SRI

Vectra gt 20seh from north of spain

Post by BasqueMK3SRI »

Hello guys, before i present myself,now is the turn of my baby,my intention is to have a clelands 1995 cavalier replica,but the proyect goes slow because i made it in my freetime after the work
The car is a 1992 opel vectra gt, in u.k. cavalier sri, with 20seh engine with 300.000 kilometres. I bought to a friend road to destroy it,but i pick it to my home for 100 euros with angel eyes, gsi complete kit,and facelift complete interior
i sold gsi kit and angel eyes, and now i have original facelift sri kit
here some pics of the car
I paint rear tail lights stripe and front grill in yellow, i am preparing and painting a couple of mirrors to paint yellow too, bought a renault 21 rear wing to put in the rear painted in black, and make a homemade front splitter using golf mk2 front lip
iangsi
Club Admin

Re: Vectra gt 20seh from north of spain

Post by iangsi »

Nice looking car you have there, glad to see these cars are surviving on the continent as well. :thumb
BasqueMK3SRI

Post by BasqueMK3SRI »

thanks mate!!!
I try to have in optimal conditions, because i use it to go to classics meetings here, and many people stop at street to look when is parked, and ask me for the car
So i will make it survive all the time i can, because i like to drive my vectra,i think it is a very nice car
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

They are good cars, there is just something about them that makes us appreciate them. I'm wondering about your radio aerial, it's on the roof, is that normal for Europe spec Vectra A, I've not seen an aerial on the roof before, they are usually in the rear wing.
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

Yes a very nice car.

I have people stopping to talk to me about the car all the time.

It appears that almost everyone in the UK had a dad, uncle or a friend who had a Cavalier / Vectra-A in the 90s.
They have happy / good memories of the cars from when they were young.
BasqueMK3SRI

Post by BasqueMK3SRI »

yes it is true, like you said, everyone have an uncle, dad or friends dad who have a vectra years ago!!!
The radio aerial originally was in the lateral, but y dont like it there, so when i painted de car, y move to the roof because i liked more at the top of the car, but is not functional, i dont use radio only usb in my car, so i decide to anulate it an change the place
Mazza

Post by Mazza »

Very nice from the pics - Regarding the aerial; back in the day, a lot of people I knew repositioned it to the roof. They used the golf gti bee sting style aerials to improve reception and general look of the car.

Additionally helped with phones of the era.

I also see that the side wing indicators are also removed.
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

Indicator 'repeaters' are a UK only specification.
Opel cars did not have them.
BasqueMK3SRI

Post by BasqueMK3SRI »

Like robsey says, indicators is only in u.k.,opel didnt have
my aerial came from a astra g from one good friend, who give it to me free because he know i was looking one to put on the roof
BasqueMK3SRI

Post by BasqueMK3SRI »

Hi everybody once again!!!!!
A little hard the last mouths because i was moving things for the change of home,and my computer was broked on the transport,my cav was the transport car of my house things,and when i finish it i went to the mechanic to put the most parts of the car in rule after the movement of home
One thing i want to ask,have you got some whatsapp group like we have here in spain???if it is,can i be member of the group????
Thanks everybody guys!!!