My 1993 SRI Redtop rojo red

Show off your pride and joy! All Mk3 Cavaliers are welcome (please post only one thread per car)
corrigan

My 1993 SRI Redtop rojo red

Post by corrigan »

SRI Cav 93 have had the old girl now for a few years sent it away at the start off the year and it got full paint job inside and out painted the wheels to.. Few more thinks to sort out like roof cloth ETC and stick on new door stickers .

few pics off her before paint

when I had the speedlines on it hatethem
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

have mores pics will get them up after awhile
and pics of her getin painted
Mazza

Re: My 1993 SRI Redtop

Post by Mazza »

Sweet! Did you encounter any problems along the way?

Reason I ask, I’m working on my turbo ... and one year it’s still in progress!
corrigan

Post by corrigan »

Not really hi, Finding a good bonnet was hard just. hada buy a full car just to get a bonnet lol
Mazza

Post by Mazza »

Strange you say that I done the same, but couldn’t brake to donar car.

I managed to source a brand new gm bonnet at a good price
Robsey
Club Admin

Re: My 1993 SRI Redtop rojo red

Post by Robsey »

Welcome back... it has been a while.

Looks like you didn't really need to do too much to get the old girl back to her former glory.

Have you got the centre cap badges too.?
I got mine from an ebay seller from Spain.
They look very nice and original.

Headlining - you may as well rip the old lining off it's fibre glass backing, and stick on some fresh cream coloured perforated vinyl.

The old foam backing will just crumble into a messy yellow powder.
corrigan

Post by corrigan »

Mazza wrote:Strange you say that I done the same, but couldn’t brake to donar car.

I managed to source a brand new gm bonnet at a good price
there was no boot floor in the one I toke the bonnet off lol car was driving the best but was stone rotten. where did you find the new bonnet ?
corrigan

Post by corrigan »

Robsey wrote:Welcome back... it has been a while.

Looks like you didn't really need to do too much to get the old girl back to her former glory.

Headlining - you may as well rip the old lining off it's fibre glass backing, and stick on some fresh cream coloured perforated vinyl.

Was good car to start with just she was starting to show her age with marks and stuff I drove it everday for a long time. ill not be driving it now as much.

yeah have the centre badges back on it,
ill get better pics up when I get my phone back dropped it and broken the screen..

seen a lad on facebook done his own lining and good must ask him could he do mine for me for I wouldn't try it lol

I need find boot stickers just now.
3cav3

Post by 3cav3 »

corrigan wrote:
Robsey wrote:Welcome back... it has been a while.

Was good car to start with just she was starting to show her age with marks and stuff I drove it everday for a long time. ill not be driving it now as much.

yeah have the centre badges back on it,
ill get better pics up when I get my phone back dropped it and broken the screen..

seen a lad on facebook done his own lining and good must ask him could he do mine for me for I wouldn't try it lol

I need find boot stickers just now.
If youre stuck for any decals try Titch at www.machinerydecals.co.uk tell him Gareth sent you and he can recreate anything from an image and size.
corrigan

Post by corrigan »

cheers 3cav3 ill send him a text here
Mazza

Post by Mazza »

corrigan wrote: there was no boot floor in the one I toke the bonnet off lol car was driving the best but was stone rotten. where did you find the new bonnet ?
Actually I found a few all with a few minor dings and scratches... but didn’t bother at first. Since my bonnet has the Astra gsi vents - which I don’t like on the cav turbo, So for me practically cheeper to get another bonnet then to fix existing one with fabrication time.

Couple of my mates had some vg second hand ones, problem is delivery / pickup
corrigan

Post by corrigan »

Mazza wrote:
corrigan wrote: there was no boot floor in the one I toke the bonnet off lol car was driving the best but was stone rotten. where did you find the new bonnet ?
Actually I found a few all with a few minor dings and scratches... but didn’t bother at first. Since my bonnet has the Astra gsi vents - which I don’t like on the cav turbo, So for me practically cheeper to get another bonnet then to fix existing one with fabrication time.

Couple of my mates had some vg second hand ones, problem is delivery / pickup
I found that any one that was selling a bonnet tell you the bonnet is mint thinking if you have drove over a hour to get it you will take it, I drove twise to Belfast and my own bonnet was everbit as good.. just got lucky and come a cross a full car with good bonnet £100 and made a few ££ on the way
Mazza

Post by Mazza »

Yep I know what you saying as been their myself.

I’ve been looking far and wide... but now it’s generally recommendations or mates / contacts I know.