Cavalier GSI

Show off your pride and joy! All Mk3 Cavaliers are welcome (please post only one thread per car)
MajidM

Cavalier GSI

Post by MajidM »

In the process of restoring my Cavalier GSI. Does anyone know of where I can get some decent door cards (beige colour) or a full interior??
James McGrath
Club Admin

Re: Cavalier GSI

Post by James McGrath »

The best thing is just search on eBay and Facebook and be patient. They do come up for sale occasionally.

There is a leather interior for sale at the moment on eBay, might be a worthy upgrade for you:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-Cav ... SwzWla3Q14

Otherwise, the best option might be to have your current interior refurbished by an upholster. It's amazing what they can do.
Mazza

Post by Mazza »

The gsi front seats are like the Sri recaros.

The one in the advert from are non gsi / turbo, worth checking the subframe, especially 4x4 cars

Additionally all 4 door cards should have kerb lights and windows are electrical controlled so no holes for windup levers .. also replacement kerb lights are not available from the dealers anymore!

As mentioned by James, keep an eye on fb and eBay. They do pop up but not as often as before.

Prices are depending on quality but have gone up on demand.

A complete set of doorcards in vg condition, last year you would been looking at around £250+

Seats — around the same, leathers will be more expensive (because heated front seats)

Keep your options open and try getting a quote from a good upholsterer - won’t be cheap as I already checked.
iangsi
Club Admin

Post by iangsi »

The beige interior is a bit rarer than the dark one for some strange reason. There were only 2 GSI interiors which are specific to the GSI’s so a little harder to get hold of. My black one has the beige interior & my silver one has the dark interior, what colour is your car ?
Mk3alan

Post by Mk3alan »

Mine has the beige interior and while basically ok the armrests vinyl has come away from its backing on the bends.
I believe the vinyl shrinks which causes the problem so worth an extra careful look if your buying replacements.

Alan
Mazza

Post by Mazza »

If I remember the cloth interior was a reduced cost option when ordered. Additionally, the rear seat in my old gsi had x2 cuppa holders build in the arm rest. This has the beige cloth interior.

My white turbo, had the beige interior. While other has black heated leathers.

A lot of people upgraded the cloths to leathers. Alternatively have a look out for sri trim - sometimes it was the interior taken from a gsi.

There were very few with cloth / heated seats.... mate had one.

No doubt come spring / summer, parts will start popping up.