MY 93 L CAV 1.8 LS

Show off your pride and joy! All Mk3 Cavaliers are welcome (please post only one thread per car)
GLC

Re: MY 93 L CAV 1.8 LS

Post by GLC »

Well it's been a while as a song said.

So here a picture of the Cavalier looking a bit sad after spending the last 18 months sitting on my dads driveway as it off on a back of the recovery truck!

Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Post by Envoy CDX »

But the work has been done now right? :D :thumb :thumb :thumb
Check the Rules!

Raw 8v Power! - Bad Cav, Naughty Cav... Cav want's to do 90!

The How2 Index
GLC

Post by GLC »

Envoy CDX wrote:But the work has been done now right? :D :thumb :thumb :thumb
Sorry for the massive delay in replying I had some laptop issues so haven't been online for a while but yes! The major work has been tackled though the car still needs some more final fettling with the welding repairs before some paintwork will then need to be delt with.

It's still unfinished at the moment but least it's better than how it looked 2 years ago when it failed the mot.

When I have some more progress to show I'll get some pictures up. :)
Split_Pin

Post by Split_Pin »

Hello , new member here :)

I thought I should do this excellent thread justice by updating it as I bought this back in February.

It has been owned for a short time by a couple of other people since the OP sold it in 2019. The owner before me collected it in November 2020 and drove it up to Scotland however it failed its MOT on a rotted boot floor, corroded rear chassis and the emissions. He did look into getting it welded by a friend and replaced the coolant temperature sensor to address the emissions however he had other projects and was also busy with work so it sat forlornly in a car park until February. He had offered it to me for nothing as he knew I liked Vauxhalls however I came down to his place and tried to get it running better so he could then get it MOTd and sell it or use it. When it kept cutting out he decided to move it on so £100 later it was mine!

I fixed the running issue with a new distributor cap and rotor arm but had real trouble finding a garage who was interested in welding it. I eventually found someone after a recommendation and the MOT fails were all addressed. An oil and filter change, some cataclean, a good run and an O2 sensor saw it road legal once more.

I've ordered a timing belt kit, polished and waxed it and also fitted the Speedline wheels from my old Corsa. I've had a lot of nice comments in it so far as well!

No pictures as I don't know how to post these up!
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

Hi there, welcome to the forum.

The usual method is to host pictures "off-site" and then put links on here.

I use PostImages, which is free and usually quite reliable.
Others use Flikr or Photobucket and so on.

There are how 2's for this in the main forum index.

I am wondering if it would be good to create your own work in progress thread.
Something to call your own. :)

Again, welcome aboard.
Split_Pin

Post by Split_Pin »

Yes I will create my own thread. I have only owned it a few months but have lots of pictures from that time to update in progress!
James McGrath
Club Admin

Post by James McGrath »

That's great news! Always wondered what happened to this one.
I've seen it a couple of time when Michael (GLC) owned it.
Glad it's gone to a good owner. Welcome to the forum! :wave
ilovedmymantas

Post by ilovedmymantas »

Split_Pin wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:25 am Yes I will create my own thread. I have only owned it a few months but have lots of pictures from that time to update in progress!
Hiya and welcome :wave

Looking forward to seeing your progress :)
" It's not rust. It's age-related patina " ;)

1980 vauxhall cavalier MK1 1.6L, 1982 opel manta berlinetta 1.8s, 1985 opel manta 2.0 gte, 1990 cavalier 2.0 gl ,1994 cavalier sri x20xev

-1995 cdx x20xev

---------------
Matt