Dazzlersri's cav

Show off your pride and joy! All Mk3 Cavaliers are welcome (please post only one thread per car)
dazzlersri

Dazzlersri's cav

Post by dazzlersri »

Which one costs me more each year ?????

ummmmm.... this one ! (had to say it..)

sorry couldnt get these the right way round... :evil:

Cuddly corsa, Angry cav..

My other toy.. 2 seats, 150 bhp per ton, short back and sides anyone ?! not a cav but a lot of fun !!

What do you all think ? Apreciate any comments or criticism !!
cunningham

Re: My cav sri !!!

Post by cunningham »

not a fan of mr2s the cav looks arite m8 looks clean for a red one aswell

imo it needs lowerd abit on those wheels as they look huge rub strips put back on to break up the red on the side not a fan of the dtm either but other than these things it looks like a well looked after cav 8-)
Rich P

Post by Rich P »

yeah i like this one very tidy,wheels probably a size too big though.but welldone for keeping it in good condition
Drives a 1989 Mk3 cav sri 2.0 8v SEH
dazzlersri

Post by dazzlersri »

Thanks guys. yea its a bit of an unfinished project. i was a fan of big wheels when i put them on last year but am now tempted to lower 30/40 on standard wheels, or a 5 stud conversion and turbo wheels.. i took the rubbing strips off intending to re-new but prefered the look with them off after polishing up the doors. cheers :D
K343 RRL 1992 SRi 8v SEH - RIP
L750 BUY 1994 4x4 turbo
superkingleeds

Post by superkingleeds »

hi mate looks good to me, a word on the bump strips, mine down one side are coming off, tried glueing them back on to no avail, now i,ve seen yours i might just take them off. How easy are they to take off and how to go about cleaning the doors up, cheers. ;)
FoxyCav

Post by FoxyCav »

Lovely looking Cav you've got there. i actually prefer Cav's with the bump strips at the side, but hey its your car. :mrgreen:
nice to actually see a RED Cav as well, well done :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
dazzlersri

Post by dazzlersri »

Thanks.. 8-) when i got the car it had been looked after all its life, then neglected for about a year so plenty of t-cut and colour polish brought it up a treat. its amazing how it keeps its shine too, with a wash once/ twice a week and a polish bout every month !
as for the rubbing strips, one side was hanging off so i pulled them all off, then gently removed the self adhesive rubber with a stanley blade and cleaned up the residue with acetone. then polish.. on the other side i couldnt be bothered to do this so borrowed a buffer and buffed it all off with some rubbing compound. this was much easier !
K343 RRL 1992 SRi 8v SEH - RIP
L750 BUY 1994 4x4 turbo
Cavyman_130

Post by Cavyman_130 »

Nice to see another SEH, i would put a set of standard rims on and the bump strips back on, apart from it looks clean. are the black skirts painted?