my cav turbo 4x4 work in progress

Show off your pride and joy! All Mk3 Cavaliers are welcome (please post only one thread per car)
Ads

Re: my cav turbo 4x4 work in progress

Post by Ads »

Telegram Sam wrote:I painted mine with black Hammerite and it all (correction: quite a bit) just chipped off!
From what you see many folk go around with nice paintwork on top but you can see the brown stuff clearly on the chassis below. Never could understand why.
I don't understand your post, if you are referring to the marks on the front panel, the rd of the axle stands is reflecting on the paint, the photo doesn't show it, but the black paint is really shiny, and by the way there is no 'brown stuff' anywhere on this car.
Lowrider Dave
Club Admin

Post by Lowrider Dave »

I think the point Sam is trying to make is that some people spend a lot of time concentrating on paint appearance but not the non-painted places, so dirty/underneath can be seen and lets the illusion of a tidy car down. I don't think it was aimed at your car.
Lowrider Dave.

Archer 2.0 GLS
Ads

Post by Ads »

Been doing a bit more to the cav, fitted original eds phase 2 chips, zlet injectors, and removed old heater matrix and fitted a new one, we now have heat into the cav for the first time in years, the engine is now all back together, and I fitted my newly acquired omega elite alloy wheels, shod with new tyres. These are the only wheels I would have took my turbo standards off for, as I have always liked them and have been trying for ages to get a set.

thanks for looking Ads
Lowrider Dave
Club Admin

Post by Lowrider Dave »

Looking very tidy. 'mega alloys do look good on it.
Lowrider Dave.

Archer 2.0 GLS
Mazza

Post by Mazza »

Very nice.

That reminds me ... I must take a look at my cav turbo
Ads

Post by Ads »

Mazza wrote:Very nice.

That reminds me ... I must take a look at my cav turbo
Are you the same Mazza that was on CTOC and CTOR a few years ago, had a very nice example of a cav turbo
Mazza

Post by Mazza »

That's correct Ads, :-)

While I was working away last year, I made a bad mistake and give to a local garage - clueless, no care of property ... tos pots!

So sadly since then I lost interest and Parked her up until I decide what's to be done

Not a happy bunny...
Ads

Post by Ads »

Mazza wrote:That's correct Ads, :-)

While I was working away last year, I made a bad mistake and give to a local garage - clueless, no care of property ... tos pots!

So sadly since then I lost interest and Parked her up until I decide what's to be done

Not a happy bunny...
that's a shame mate, because if my memory serves me right it was one of the better examples, don't lose heart mate as these cars are getting very rare now and the prices of good ones is rocketing
Mazza

Post by Mazza »

You're right but the Cavs are so unforgiving, especially the gsi and turbos ... even years later nothing's changed!

I remember my old gsi 4x4 while at uni, oh what fun but a money skin pit when the problems started ... and just got worse ...

Family life and work takes over and projects do sit and we've all been there.

hoping to get one of them back on the road to it's former glory .. just need that spark