my cav turbo 4x4 work in progress

Show off your pride and joy! All Mk3 Cavaliers are welcome (please post only one thread per car)
Dieselicious

Re: my cav turbo 4x4 work in progress

Post by Dieselicious »

From the moment I picked up your book until I laid it down I was convulsed with laughter
Some day I intend reading it
'95 TD LS
'85 Monza GSE
'92 Senator 12v Auto
'99 Omega 3.0 MV6
'99 Omega 3.0 MV6 (Ex-Polizei)
gsi pie

Post by gsi pie »

seen this at tv live cracking car :thumb
My valver brings all the boys to the yard, dam right its cammed and carbed, dam right it pops and farts, I would show you but the fuker won't start!
Ads

Post by Ads »

i still have the tubby, i put it on pistonheads in a moment of weakness, when i was pissed off with it, put the next day i tried to withdraw it, but couldnt, so i put sold through pistonheads on, Ads
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

turboads wrote:i still have the tubby, i put it on pistonheads in a moment of weakness, when i was pissed off with it, put the next day i tried to withdraw it, but couldnt, so i put sold through pistonheads on, Ads
basically you're saying you loved the car so much you sold it to yourself. nice!
Ads

Post by Ads »

got my battery bag on to replace the chequerplate box, and got my oil catch tank fitted

re-routed my boost hoses from outside the chassis leg to the inside, so i can get my fog lights back in, how they were

and how i got them

thanks for looking, Ads
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

good work, glad you managed to reroute the pipes. battery bag looks spot on too. are you running a TX intercooler? heard mixed reports about them but difficult to ignore the price. wondered if you really did get what you pay for with them? their other products, like pipework, looks great but not sure about the quality of their intercoolers. would be useful to hear from someone who has experience of running one.
Ads

Post by Ads »

humbucker wrote:good work, glad you managed to reroute the pipes. battery bag looks spot on too. are you running a TX intercooler? heard mixed reports about them but difficult to ignore the price. wondered if you really did get what you pay for with them? their other products, like pipework, looks great but not sure about the quality of their intercoolers. would be useful to hear from someone who has experience of running one.
Hi Dan, i have tx rad and intercooler, and personally i think they are very good quality, the car run at 85degre with the rad, and the itercooler is a very good fit, and if you mention dave reid (turbodave) and cavturbo -com, fred the owner will give you discount, win win, Ads
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

thanks for the recommendation; i have a 50mm alloy TX rad in the car already which is great, and i figured the intercooler must be of a similar quality but you never know when you hear such mixed reports. glad to hear youre happy with yours.
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

turboads wrote:the intercooler is a very good fit
i seem to remember rix saying that the tx intercooler is about the only one that allows you to keep the fog lights in place, but as you've had to modify yours does that mean that the provided pipework etc needs to be ditched in favour of alternative / chopped pipework or have they just changed the design of the provided pipework?

also, noticed another cav in the background in one of your pics... do you have 'twin turbos'?!
Ads

Post by Ads »

humbucker wrote:
turboads wrote:the intercooler is a very good fit
i seem to remember rix saying that the tx intercooler is about the only one that allows you to keep the fog lights in place, but as you've had to modify yours does that mean that the provided pipework etc needs to be ditched in favour of alternative / chopped pipework or have they just changed the design of the provided pipework?

also, noticed another cav in the background in one of your pics... do you have 'twin turbos'?!
you have to get smaller right angle bends to get them inside the chassis legs. the other turbo in the photo was a cav turbo deisil, with 5 stud set up, turbo wheels and turbo body kit, this was sold a while ago. Ads
Ads

Post by Ads »

got my bumper back on today, and the foglights back in, pics not good as it was getting dark

and my afm gauge reading 14.6 on idle, which is spot on, so my fuelling is ok

C4V V6

Post by C4V V6 »

I like the gauge, but can you see it when driving?
They say your middle name says alot about you
C4VSARCASM!V6
Cavalier-C20LET

Post by Cavalier-C20LET »

or more to the point can you see your speedo lol , looks good budy ;)
Ads

Post by Ads »

i can see both the gauge and speedo no bother, but i find im paronoid about the fuelling and watch the gauge all the time, im thinking of moving the AFM and putting my voost gauge in the pod. Ads
linley85

Post by linley85 »

are the afm guages any good heard lots of talk about it being a bit misleading with the mixture.
im a fan of silver cavs looking good mate
Ads

Post by Ads »

in my opinion AFM gauges are a must with uprated turbo cars, dont want to go on boost for any length of time with a lean mixture, could end up wth a melted piston or two, not good, lol, Ads
cavy130sri

Post by cavy130sri »

looking good Ads, nice progress.
I now have an ebook, of my own creation, to download to your ereader. ipad, iphone, ipod touch and the kindle. check out my website at http://www.charlesfbond.com for more details.
Ads

Post by Ads »

know i said i dont like them, but when i saw Bennys on his grey cav i changed my mind, so i got a set of black angel eye headlight, fitted these today, what yous think

thanks for looking, Ads
cwolfk

Post by cwolfk »

Really nice car!

I like the original headlights more.
jimmy

Post by jimmy »

I think they look smart dude :thumb

I really like your cav in general looks very tidy an well modded :thumb
Out of interest I've noticed you've done something I've been thinking about doing to the grill would you ming if I asked what you've used the griffin on your grill from? ;)
[center]Image
[/center]
TurboSteven77

Post by TurboSteven77 »

looking very smart mate :thumb
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

really works well on the silver cavalier against the black of the grille. good balance. looks a bit dodgy on some other colours but i think you've nailed it there. was it a straight fit i.e. designed for f/lift grille fitment?
Ads

Post by Ads »

humbucker wrote:really works well on the silver cavalier against the black of the grille. good balance. looks a bit dodgy on some other colours but i think you've nailed it there. was it a straight fit i.e. designed for f/lift grille fitment?
yes mate the lights themselves are a straight fit, i just carnt do the wiring, i carnt see where the connectors on the wirring diagram connect up too.
gsi pie

Post by gsi pie »

spot on buddy gives it tha evil look :thumb

need chrome indecators bulbs tho :lol:
My valver brings all the boys to the yard, dam right its cammed and carbed, dam right it pops and farts, I would show you but the fuker won't start!
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

where did your fogs go?!