My new turbo !

Show off your pride and joy! All Mk3 Cavaliers are welcome (please post only one thread per car)
dazzlersri

My new turbo !

Post by dazzlersri »

Hi guys, i joined the forum a couple years ago with my '92 SRi 8v and managed to keep it on the road for 18 months before the tin worm rotted her from the inside out, i had no choice at the time but to scrap the old girl.

I got a 2.2 astra coupe and drove that for a further 18 months but always hankered after another cavalier. i set my heart on a 4x4 turbo as ive always dreamt of owning one and kept my eye out until L750 BUY came up on piston heads.

After a good few chats with the owner and loads of emailed photos i drove 360 miles to go and get it a couple sundays ago. To my relief when i got there i discovered the pictures just didnt do it justice, the car was spotless, and came with 2 big folders of service history to back everything up.

Chuffed to bits i drove the 360 miles home and the car didnt miss a beat, ive spend all my free time since making it even cleaner !
Hope you guys like it !

Since getting it i have fitted new tailgate badges, a set of standard mudflaps, standard number plates and a set of vauxhall mats.

I plan to keep it totally original and as good condition as i can. However im going to improve the performance a bit, the car already has a hybrid turbo, scorpion system, and is lowered 40mm on ikon springs and shocks and polybushed all round. It has an MD locked transfer box too, handles like a dream..!

Ive fitted a forge actuator, and have got a few courtenay and regal goodies coming. i would be happy with a safe 280bhp and plan to get it set up on a rolling road as soon as i can afford it so watch this space !

Thanks for looking guys
Id love to hear all opinions, good and bad ! :thumb
K343 RRL 1992 SRi 8v SEH - RIP
L750 BUY 1994 4x4 turbo
Gaz

Re: My new turbo !

Post by Gaz »

me and turbodan were talking about this car when we saw it on pistonheads.

Looks really nice
damien roe

Post by damien roe »

really nice motor mate lovely :thumb
branny361

Post by branny361 »

liking that a lot ,
now running a swedish vauxhall...

the old cav vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYC4wHjqAhw

the new saab vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-K5L6UDGFk
dazzlersri

Post by dazzlersri »

Thanks guys, im really pleased with it. would love to take it to a show or two this year. does cavmk3oc do a stand anywhere ?
L750 BUY 1994 4x4 turbo
Greig Sri

Post by Greig Sri »

I rember that one on piston heads, because it looked so good.
I bet you drive round with a big grin on your face. :P

Greig
1993 Cavalier SRi C20XE (off road till better weather comes)
Astra SRi XP 150 estate 1.9 (the run around)
TurboDan

Post by TurboDan »

Love it! Looks like a minter.

Always loved the black ones. How many miles are on it? I have thought about getting some badges to put on the back of mine but can't decide lol.
caza

Post by caza »

just be carefull , you can now say your in the money pit club now , be carefull with the cash it soon goes and then you need a bit extra for when it goes wrong , usually all the time LOL but you'll love the experience
Colorado

Post by Colorado »

It does look better than in the pictures on pistonheads. Looks virtually identical to mine. As above welcome to the money pit lol! but hopefully youve got a good one
cavalierclaire

Post by cavalierclaire »

That is a really nice cav mate. Loving the wheels. ;)
dazzlersri

Post by dazzlersri »

Thanks everyone, yes the grin hasnt worn off yet.. :D The bloke i bought it off really didnt do it justice in the advert, if it was me selling it i would have really shown it off. Its done 97,000 miles with a full service history, most of it in vaux dealers. it lived in wales for a lot of its life too.

It had a full engine re-build 2k ago including honing the bores, new pistons and rings, cambelt, water pump, oil pump, top and bottom bearings and lots of other stuff. apparently the timing belt snapped and matey really went to town on the re-build, cost him £3200 ! The receipt from the garage that did the work even says "fully re-built at owners request".

Im trying to be realistic about it, i bought it knowing it was gonna need looking after more than your average car but i suppose thats the sacrifice !
As for the badges i had to fit them, i thought the whole car loooked too plain without them and the mudflaps.

Thanks for the comments ! :thumb
L750 BUY 1994 4x4 turbo
blackv6

Post by blackv6 »

car looks well nice mate seen it as well on ph i would only sell my redtop saloon if i could get a turbo with less than 100k but as you know they are becoming very rare :wave
cheers scott
dazzlersri

Post by dazzlersri »

Yea you can say that again. i was beginning to think id never find one with a decent milage. One strange thing though, there always seems to be a few turbo clocks floating round ebay with sub-100k miles..! :?
L750 BUY 1994 4x4 turbo
TurboDan

Post by TurboDan »

My mate has an absolute minter of a turbo on his mums drive, and has 90K on the clocks but due to medical reasons he won't be selling it and it just sits there. Will be the last minter around i bet!
dazzlersri

Post by dazzlersri »

Havent updated this for a while ! Ive still got it, and still tinkering with it !

Spec has changed a bit these days,

C20LET, regal steel 1.9mm head gasket
Hybrid K16 turbo
EDS Phase 3
Front mounted intercooler with hard pipes
Regal top hat
Custom made Turbo back 3" stainless exhaust system with 3.5" rolled tip (No cat or silencers - LOUD !)
Mocal oil cooler
Locked transfer box
Bilstein/Eibach suspension
Standard Turbo brake calipers over Mintex discs with EBC red stuff pads and braided hoses
Complete back end strip down and rebuild with all new parts in 2013/14

Just a few recent pics

L750 BUY 1994 4x4 turbo
Ads

Post by Ads »

hi Dazz, great to se you on here, always likes this cav, as its one of the best that's remaining, keep up the good work mate, Ads