sparzzys 1990 gsi

Show off your pride and joy! All Mk3 Cavaliers are welcome (please post only one thread per car)
sparzzy

sparzzys 1990 gsi

Post by sparzzy »

put the rebuilt redtop into me gsi on sunday whilst mechanic mate was off skiing. started first time after turning over with no ht lead on . sweet no ticks or taps and with the reprofiled cams 440 cc yellow 3 bar injectors and new indution kit with an electric super charging fan which is driven by a whisker switch which comes on when butterfly is half to full open. new vauxsport clutch and silicone leads and new plugs its much quiker than before and so smooth very pleased. took some photos but to dark only got this one .
taken weekend before . will stick some of it in by weekend.
DRIVES 1990 CAV GSI also CARLTON GSI ,1960 thames pick up truck and works trucks and vans.
Cavyman_130

Re: sparzzys 1990 gsi

Post by Cavyman_130 »

looking damn mint mate 8-)
Mark

Post by Mark »

Sweet!
dave's.veccy

Post by dave's.veccy »

Super charging fan, whats this about??
sparzzy

Post by sparzzy »

it looks like a turbo but plastic which goes between the air filter and air mass meter. or looks like old style hair dryer. has eletric motor which u can have on constant via dash switch or for best results via a switch near butter fly so only comes on when you go half to full throtle. it said to produce 3 bar cold forced air . guy on vaux sports car club stuck it on a 3ltr astra mk2 convertion. will stick some pics up sat eve. i for one think it makes a dif. but having all the other bits done also makes a diff. i got it as i also had a super chip fitted inside my ecu and the comp and gas sniffer said it was running rich.
DRIVES 1990 CAV GSI also CARLTON GSI ,1960 thames pick up truck and works trucks and vans.
dave's.veccy

Post by dave's.veccy »

hmmm, like the types on ebay which im not too sure about..... :?
sparzzy

Post by sparzzy »

finally got round to taking photos of electric super charger.
pic of long arm micro switch which comes on when throttle body arm moves. does make a diff to cav.

also put on body kit onto my astravan
dave's.veccy

Post by dave's.veccy »

The elecy supercharge looks good, would be interesting to see the results from a rolling road session. Liking the van too ;)
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

Lovin the van

good job in getting the xe in but im still waiting on results on the supercharger.
sparzzy

Post by sparzzy »

when fan is on its very powerfull and you can feel the air is cold going into the afm. thats why i put in the 3 bar turbo fuel rail and injectors as the cream 1.7 standard ones where making it run weak. the only down side is mpg. down from 22.5 ave to 19.5 mpg. but as it only comes out weekends i can live with it. it came from the usa. i mailed some people who purchased it in the uk and all who mailed back said it made a diff. having some stainless pipe made to replace the cheap pipe that came with it. larger bore and smooth. tim
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

Ive got a 3bar on creams and used to get really bad mpg till i changed the temp sensor, made a massive improvemnt to my mpg for the sake of £10 it might be worth a swap?