my cav sri 8v

Show off your pride and joy! All Mk3 Cavaliers are welcome (please post only one thread per car)
olly24

my cav sri 8v

Post by olly24 »

here is my cav needs abit of work doing to the archs and have a bit of a dent in the door which needs sorting.
i dont intend to change anything as i like the standard look.
would the dent and archs cost much to have done as ive no idea?
besides that hope you like, needs a good clean.
5853moore

Re: my cav sri 8v

Post by 5853moore »

nice little project you have there mate , as for the rust it shoudnt be to much as its only surface so it will only be a case of rib down treat and respray.
cavboy180

Post by cavboy180 »

Very nice car, great engine, have to say that the rust is certainly nothing drastic!! :thumb :wave
" LS was MORE!! "
bigmitch

Post by bigmitch »

Nice cav, the arches are easy enough but get rid of that steering wheel its is crap bud
iangsi
Club Admin

Post by iangsi »

Nice cav :thumb just needs some vauxhall alloys 14 or 15" job done.
olly24

Post by olly24 »

many thanks for your comments
Deeksin

Post by Deeksin »

Looks a Braw car mate just address the minor things and she's a minter what's the plans not many 8valves kicking about now! :thumb
Deeks cavalier GSi 2000
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=5348
olly24

Post by olly24 »

like you said just get the minor things sorted, then would like to get some fanblades for it other than that to be honest not much else open to suggestions ?
marcia

Post by marcia »

I do like the red piping on the trim, my cavaliers the same colour but with chrome piping, may look at a change.

William
PRESENT CAR;1995(N) Vauxhall Cavalier GLS, 2.0 litre, 16 Valve Automatic in Smoke Grey.
Owned since August 2006
jimmy

Post by jimmy »

Nice purchase fella :thumb an the best engine in my opinion lol :p

Has lots of potential will look smart with a set of fanblades on to :cool

Suggestions would be make it look mint really they don't need lots doing to them it depends on what your tastes are etc I also have an 8v SRi which over time I will modify but nothing major just mainly improvements really like suspension upgrades brake upgrades performance upgrades an a few subtle cosmetic changes I personally think subtle is best on these cars as they good already ;)
[center]Image
[/center]
GLC

Post by GLC »

Really nice cavalier you have got yourself there. Metalic grey suits it well an i maybe im on own but i like it with the original wheel trims. :)
As for the bodywork im no expert that's a given but you be best to get them bits delt with sooner rather than later as the rot can soon
set in if left especially with all the salt etc on the roads this time of year.
The cost of the arches is all down to how good / bad they are an the standard of the finished job you want too. The arch repair sections can be brought from most motor factors an the dent in the door looks like it can be easly filled and painted. If you can do some of the work yourself then that can help keep the costs down. If not get some quotes from local bodyshops etc an see if you know anybody who could recommend a place they used themselfs an can vouch for the quality of the work. Sorry if you already know all this an it prob isn't much help but all the best with your cav. ;)