V6power's Cavalier 2.5 WIP

Show off your pride and joy! All Mk3 Cavaliers are welcome (please post only one thread per car)
5853moore

Re: V6power's Cavalier 2.5 WIP

Post by 5853moore »

thats MINT. good work mate :D
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

looks great, well done craig. just need to ditch that dodgy air filter now hahaha!
V6power

Post by V6power »

The Induction kit is staying though, the sound wins over looks anyday. I am in the middle of modding my old airbox so the induction kit will be fully sealed off inside the box, then running my cold air feed from the box down behind the drivers foglight.
If in Doubt.......Flat out!
Stoater85

Post by Stoater85 »

looking real cool - just get the pea shooter sorted now. dont go loud as you will ruin that grunt from the cone filter! I got s/s but no real sound from it as i much prefer induction noise to exhaust.
V6power

Post by V6power »

aye the pea shooter looks el shito, will get something sorted out
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

V6power wrote:The Induction kit is staying though, the sound wins over looks anyday. I am in the middle of modding my old airbox so the induction kit will be fully sealed off inside the box, then running my cold air feed from the box down behind the drivers foglight.
oh it wasn't looks i was commenting on, it was the intake of warm air into your engine i was concerned about, but sounds like you have a plan to sort that anyway :thumb
Kevwaggy

Post by Kevwaggy »

Performance>sound
Performance>looks

:p
"You offer someone a sincere compliment on their moustache and suddenly she's not your friend anymore"

I've decided I would really like a sex change, preferably from 'none' to 'absolutely shitloads'
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

Kevwaggy wrote:Performance>sound
Performance>looks

:p
that can be said of many women too :lol:
Kevwaggy

Post by Kevwaggy »

:L :L
"You offer someone a sincere compliment on their moustache and suddenly she's not your friend anymore"

I've decided I would really like a sex change, preferably from 'none' to 'absolutely shitloads'
HAIRIBO

Post by HAIRIBO »

My 3 litre has a sports cat, stailess centre and backbox.

Its rather loud.

So much so when I booted it out of a village once two blokes the other side of the feild turned to see what it was.

Its close to v8,,,,,,,,,,,,, ish!

I ended up putting a Courtaney panel filter in the standrad airbox with a pipe going to under the front bumper. The Cone seamed to suck in too much hot air when ever it sat in traffic. So was no good around town.

On my Cesaro I've left the cone filter on it came with. As I love the sound lol. And it wont get used that much to worry about heat soak.
C30XE
HAIRIBO

Post by HAIRIBO »

Oh and the best engine sound I've heard was a v8 monster truck. No silencers. about 12" of pipe off the manifold. That sounded awsome. (not road legal but awsome)

Standard cars I love the Countachs v12. (Cannon ball run!)
C30XE
V6power

Post by V6power »

well very last minute for me but decided to attend the Total Vauxhall bash at Crail Raceway on Sunday, so that means got a few jobs to get done on the cavalier.

Try get a good condition Laguna Splitter.
Pick up Opel Badges for the centre caps tomorrow (being made as we speak)
Fit astra mk4 gearstick.
Fit modified Airbox + Cold Air feed.

The pray it doesn't bucket with rain on the Sunday.
Deeksin

Post by Deeksin »

Cars looking awsome like! Good luck getting all that done before sunday mine gets its new rubber on tomorrow should handle like a boss!
Deeks cavalier GSi 2000
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=5348
V6power

Post by V6power »

Thanks mate
V6power

Post by V6power »

well now the cavalier is back on the road and I have been out in it over the weekend I can now announce...........I am bored.

don't know what it is but I have just lost interest in driving, far too many idiots on the road and to be honest I much prefer going out with my mates on the road bike.

So this is my choices:

1. put it up for sale, the car is proper immaculate and as you's know, its been restored to a good standard, if I do sell it would be going in for top buck, if it didn't sell.no biggie to me.

2. keep it, strip the bugger out and turn it into a touring car rep/track toy.
V6power

Post by V6power »

Well this could be one of my last posts on this build thread, there is a lad coming from Manchester to view it on Sunday, if all goes well it will be off to its new home.

so me being me, in preparation for the lad coming up, I have taken the time to sort out any silly niggly bits:

the gear knob was worn so a replacement has been bought.
got a set of new centre cap badges made up.
give the car a once over, make sure fluid levels, tyre pressures etc. are correct
give the car a full valet inside and out (not that it needs it, but hey I am picky)

That is all.
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

Ah a sad/happy day... make sure you let the new owner know about cavmk3oc.com as we'd love to see him pick up where you left off. The car looks fab and will no doubt be well looked after in it's new home. It's a nice feeling to know you've sent it off in such good condition.

Any chance of a pic of the centre caps? I'm looking at making some new ones myself as didn't want to fork out for the extortionate amount of replacement ones for Turbo alloys. Turbo alloy caps are about 68mm with a 58mm centre iirc, which is a pain as almost all other centre caps have a 55mm centre. I'd be interested to see what you did.

8-)
V6power

Post by V6power »

Yes I will be very sad to see it go, had it out a few times in the last week or so and it really is a fun car to drive, full of life but as my departure is looming ever closer, common sense has prevailed.
You will also be pleased to hear that the induction kit is now gone, the original airbox has been put in its place.

The lad coming to see it actually stumbled across my build thread last night so I will encourage him to join up and keep the story alive. Thank you for the kind words, I always look after my cars and would never dream of selling on one I wasn't completely happy with.

as for the centre caps, it is just new badges I have had made up, I will get a picture of them for you though incase it helps.
TurboSteven77

Post by TurboSteven77 »

if its diddygsi thats buying it car will be well lookt after and driven on road as it should be :cool
diddygsi

Post by diddygsi »

Im already sighned up on here mate so all being well come sunday this is coming home to manchester with me and the work on this already stunning car will carry on
TurboSteven77

Post by TurboSteven77 »

the 1 and only diddygsi :thumb
HAIRIBO

Post by HAIRIBO »

If you wrap it round a lamp post on the drive to Manchester are you gfoing to tell people, or just pretend everything is fine and never post again?
C30XE
diddygsi

Post by diddygsi »

HAIRIBO wrote:If you wrap it round a lamp post on the drive to Manchester are you gfoing to tell people, or just pretend everything is fine and never post again?
Ermmm cry lol
V6power

Post by V6power »

Lets hope that never happens eh? :thumb
diddygsi

Post by diddygsi »

V6power wrote:Lets hope that never happens eh? :thumb
Yeah deffo