What happened to my add

Let us know if you're having difficulty using any of the forum's features
Forum rules
When requesting assistance in the Forum Support/Suggestion Box areas of http://www.vauxhallcavalier.com, please ensure that you include details highlighting the device and browser that you are using to navigate your way around the forum e.g. 'HTC One M8, Android, Chrome, Landscape Mode' or 'Desktop PC, IE Edge' etc. Admins/mods will be able to respond to posts/queries with more accuracy and greater speed when supplied with this information.
chrisvectra

What happened to my add

Post by chrisvectra »

I've had my car advertised on here for the last couple weeks or so and logged on today to find my add has been removed and I don't know why and no ones bothered to email and explain either.. What's going on
planetc

Re: What happened to my add

Post by planetc »

I can't find it either matey, I'm sure I remember you updating it the other day to say it was still for sale, but I might be imagining that. Maybe one of the others has deleted it when tidying as it had been there a few weeks?
"No the temperature gauge doesn't work........
we've driven 150 miles today........
the heater went cold last Thursday........
they check the level when it's serviced don't they?"
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

Yes I definitely saw it for sale, white GSi, mint. You did indeed update it recently saying it is still for sale.
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
TurboDan

Post by TurboDan »

It was there this morning.
chrisvectra

Post by chrisvectra »

it was there this morming!! so where has it gone??
planetc

Post by planetc »

No idea, but I see you have reposted it anyway. Have you increased the price?
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

I removed it. I asked you to put your location in your profile as per the forum rules. A week passed and your profile wasn't updated so I removed the ad. Simples.

Same rules apply to all:

"SELLERS: If you are advertising items for sale, then please ensure you have provided a detailed description, photographs where possible and you MUST include a price. You must also include your location in your profile."

Please update your profile or the new ad will go missing too hehe ;)
planetc

Post by planetc »

There you go....doesn't mess about our Dan, lol
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

Hahaha! It's nothing personal, but the rules are there to protect members/buyers, therefore if the conditions concerning advertisements in the Classifieds section are not met then the offending ads get removed :)
planetc

Post by planetc »

To add, you have now visited at least twice and posted on the forums since Dan explained why it was deleted but haven't updated your profile as requested. It is going to get deleted again soon.
Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Post by Envoy CDX »

planetc wrote:To add, you have now visited at least twice and posted on the forums since Dan explained why it was deleted but haven't updated your profile as requested. It is going to get deleted again soon.
Agreed.
Check the Rules!

Raw 8v Power! - Bad Cav, Naughty Cav... Cav want's to do 90!

The How2 Index
planetc

Post by planetc »

quack quack oops
chrisvectra

Post by chrisvectra »

planetc wrote:To add, you have now visited at least twice and posted on the forums since Dan explained why it was deleted but haven't updated your profile as requested. It is going to get deleted again soon.
are you blind i did put my location on the orignal add as was requested but you mentioned the add not my profile.. but still it was removed and now its been removed again what was wrong with it this time!!!

a friendly pm works wonders rather the just delete it and then take the pi55 dosnt make the site a friendly place to be!!
planetc

Post by planetc »

Quote 'In your profile'
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

chrisvectra wrote:are you blind i did put my location on the orignal add as was requested but you mentioned the add not my profile.. but still it was removed and now its been removed again what was wrong with it this time!!!

a friendly pm works wonders rather the just delete it and then take the pi55 dosnt make the site a friendly place to be!!
I realise that this is frustrating for you, but to accuse a moderator of being "blind" when it was you who failed to recognise the original request is a bit much tbh. I specifically requested your location in your profile in accordance with the rules of the classifieds section, rules which are printed in bold at the top of each page within the For Sale section and which are also printed at the point you add/edit your sale ad. You didn't read them, or failed to acknowledge what they said which is that all sellers must include their location in their profile. Again:

"SELLERS: If you are advertising items for sale, then please ensure you have provided a detailed description, photographs where possible and you MUST include a price. You must also include your location in your profile."

I then asked you to update your profile on your original ad. A week passed and you didn't comply, so that ad was removed. This is nothing personal, but applies to any ads that are noted where the seller hasn't abided by the rules - rules which are designed to protect buyers and forum members when engaging with sellers.

This thread popped up, you were asked again to update your profile, time passed, you didn't, ad removed.

Anyway, thanks for finally updating your profile. Accordingly, your newer ad will remain visible, but please do take time to read the bold text at the top of the classifieds section before launching into moderators about their apparent lack of clarity and accusing them of taking "the pi55".

And just as a footnote to this, the forum is "a friendly place to be", but it also needs to remain a safe place for members to buy and sell. While our powers are ultimately limited (and we accept no responsibility for any outcome of a sale/purchase) we can encourage a best practice for transactions that protect buyers and sellers alike.

Topic now locked. If you want to discuss this matter further then please get in touch with one of the forum Admins or Moderators directly, but as far as I can tell, this is done and dusted.