Spare Parts supply

Let us know if you're having difficulty using any of the forum's features
Forum rules
When requesting assistance in the Forum Support/Suggestion Box areas of http://www.vauxhallcavalier.com, please ensure that you include details highlighting the device and browser that you are using to navigate your way around the forum e.g. 'HTC One M8, Android, Chrome, Landscape Mode' or 'Desktop PC, IE Edge' etc. Admins/mods will be able to respond to posts/queries with more accuracy and greater speed when supplied with this information.
Telegram Sam

Spare Parts supply

Post by Telegram Sam »

I was pleasantly surprised at the selection and availability and prices of Cavalier spares on

http://www.atcarparts.co.uk

I have not researched and tested them in detail and have only just placed my first order (oil) but unless anyone spots a downside I think the site (and others like it) could do with being publicised for the benefit of members desperate to track down that elusive part. But I dunno where to put it so have ended up here :wave
'91 H-reg SRi "130" manual hatch 8-valve non cat with mods
Cavalier342

Re: Spare Parts supply

Post by Cavalier342 »

I agree, we should have a thread just for reliable spare parts suppliers, it would save a lot of looking around for some members.
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

We do, it's a whole section dedicated to recommended/endorsed automotive retailers, but the key words you used are 'tested' and 'research', and it would be foolish of us to advertise a retailer without certainty that they can deliver the goods on a number of separate occasions. Keep us posted.
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

I thought that Recommended Automotive Services thread was specifically for garages, mechanics, electricians etc, not parts suppliers.
Previous:

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
vauxtillidie

Post by vauxtillidie »

http://www.genuinepartssearch.co.uk

there is another one but the name escapes me right now, you will need to be armed with part numbers though on above site

edit this is the other one http://www.carpartsconnexion.com/vauxhall/default.asp
2006 Flame Red Astra VXR 19's, AFL, Headlamp Washers, Cruise Control, CD70+ AUX In, CID, Bluetooth, Sight & Light, Powerfold Mirrors, DDS/TPMS, Park Pilot, Check Control, Speed Locking - All Retrofitted by me :)
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

have you looked at the section andrei? there are parts suppliers there, both those listed by chris are mentioned.
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

I have now and ye they're listed.
Previous:

ilovedmymantas

Post by ilovedmymantas »

Must be because i'm a newbie i'm having problems. I wanted to second the review for a new radiator for my sri from coolparts uk, for me, £29.50 next day delivery. Under radiators the subject is locked!
I'd recommend autopartswarehouse on ebay for totally refurbed brake calipers,£33.95 with £15 refund for old unit but i don't seem to be able to post as new listing. I've bought 2 calipers, with a 2 yr guarantee, over a year apart from here so i can verify quality & service.
Could you perhaps have recommended parts supplies under headings that aren't locked?
" It's not rust. It's age-related patina " ;)

1980 vauxhall cavalier MK1 1.6L, 1982 opel manta berlinetta 1.8s, 1985 opel manta 2.0 gte, 1990 cavalier 2.0 gl ,1994 cavalier sri x20xev

-1995 cdx x20xev

---------------
Matt
Telegram Sam

Post by Telegram Sam »

The non-Cav diesel oil I ordered from atcarparts (communications not brill but ask for Colin) arrived OK - 5 L for around £20 - and I seem to remember that they were offering 4 L GM 10W-40 at around £15 which to me is attractive. If there was a forum with a specific list of parts suppliers - say 1. tested / verified and 2. untested, yet to be proven - I'd consult it regularly. I started doing my own list including Opel Vectra people in Germany - but got the paperwork all muddled up.
'91 H-reg SRi "130" manual hatch 8-valve non cat with mods