regonal groups

Let us know if you're having difficulty using any of the forum's features
Forum rules
When requesting assistance in the Forum Support/Suggestion Box areas of http://www.vauxhallcavalier.com, please ensure that you include details highlighting the device and browser that you are using to navigate your way around the forum e.g. 'HTC One M8, Android, Chrome, Landscape Mode' or 'Desktop PC, IE Edge' etc. Admins/mods will be able to respond to posts/queries with more accuracy and greater speed when supplied with this information.
samantha

regonal groups

Post by samantha »

do we have regonal sections on here cos would like to know how many scottish members areon here and if any are local for meets
v6sri

Re: regonal groups

Post by v6sri »

good Q ,or how many peeps near the northants area?
1.4 l
1.8 gls hatch & x2 saloon
2.0 cdi pre face lift
2.0 dippy pre face lift & 2 face lift
2.0 gls 16v
1.7 TD gls
2.0 sri 130 seh x2
2.0 sri 115 ne saloon
2.5 v6 auto hatch
2.5 v6 cesero
deej027

Post by deej027 »

add me into the scottish crusie scene, i wanna hold one but who orgianse it?/?
Cavyman_130

Post by Cavyman_130 »

the scottish numbers are low im afraid, i have tried as well as others i know but its hard to get people together,need an idea of numbers first?
Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Post by Envoy CDX »

Regional groups will be implemented once the club begins to grow.
Check the Rules!

Raw 8v Power! - Bad Cav, Naughty Cav... Cav want's to do 90!

The How2 Index
FoxyCav

Post by FoxyCav »

As above really. the club is still growing, once the numbers grow, there are plans afoot to have regional leaders, and merchandise done. As well as having some club benefits from having club membership. please be patient :mrgreen:
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

So, the numbers are almost to 600, how's about Samantha's idea? :D
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
Squig

Post by Squig »

problem is if you count those people that use the site regularly and would make it worth while to implement this your looking at maybe 60-70 users that have greater than 5 posts and have used the site in the last month... and I'm being generous.

Basically don't let it stop you from getting some users together for a mini meet but not just yet on regions fella.
Elwood Blues: "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail me now!"

Gaz loses sleep for my car and helps me with parts at ungodly hours of the day. Awesome
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

ye, youre right i guess. such a shame that. Oh well, hopefully we'll get more members actually taking part here :D
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
Mort

Post by Mort »

Squig wrote:problem is if you count those people that use the site regularly and would make it worth while to implement this your looking at maybe 60-70 users that have greater than 5 posts and have used the site in the last month... and I'm being generous.

Basically don't let it stop you from getting some users together for a mini meet but not just yet on regions fella.

Is it not a bit of a chicken and egg situation though? Even with only a handfull of people in it, I could still think of a lot of uses for a regional forum local to me (as I'm sure others could for regions local to them), and the extra use that that would be to new people on this site might encourage a few more of them to hang around and be a bit more active?
1995 Vauxhall Cavalier mk3 LS 2.0i 16v Automatic
1998 Vauxhall Astra mk4 CD 1.6i 16v
old_skool

Post by old_skool »

on the rover forum i was part of there was only about 5 people in the southwest section that posted but i knew for a fact that at least other 5 people only read what was going on the first time i attempted to arrange a meet in the local services will filled it so there must have been more than that interested

it woulld be nice to get in contact with people local for bits hints and meets
93 16v SRI hatchback (C20XE)
CarriesGirl

Post by CarriesGirl »

Mort wrote:
Squig wrote:problem is if you count those people that use the site regularly and would make it worth while to implement this your looking at maybe 60-70 users that have greater than 5 posts and have used the site in the last month... and I'm being generous.

Is it not a bit of a chicken and egg situation though? Even with only a handfull of people in it, I could still think of a lot of uses for a regional forum local to me (as I'm sure others could for regions local to them), and the extra use that that would be to new people on this site might encourage a few more of them to hang around and be a bit more active?
I can see everyone's point of view here. However, I agree with Mort that it could be an extra tool to not only encourage people to join, on behalf of their Cav's of course lol, but also to become active members of the club. It would give those inactive members a reason to come back if they felt they 'owned' a bit of the club through Regional activities etc.
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

as squig says, active members arent at the numbers yet where a regional group(s) would work; you'd take traffic away from the body of the website into subforums and never the twain shall meet... (worst case scenario of course!). the events and meets section is sufficient at this stage to accomodate any requests for local meets and to see who's about, but in fairness the most valuable tool would be if members put their location in their profiles when they sign up. not only is this useful to see who is in what area but also acts as a good tool if you're in need of help; someone nearby might be able to pop over and help you out! ;)
CarriesGirl

Post by CarriesGirl »

ilovemyelite wrote:as squig says, active members arent at the numbers yet where a regional group(s) would work; you'd take traffic away from the body of the website into subforums and never the twain shall meet... (worst case scenario of course!). the events and meets section is sufficient at this stage to accomodate any requests for local meets and to see who's about, but in fairness the most valuable tool would be if members put their location in their profiles when they sign up. not only is this useful to see who is in what area but also acts as a good tool if you're in need of help; someone nearby might be able to pop over and help you out! ;)
Good points there :thumb , I didn't realise people wanted a seperate forum, my mistake for not reading posts properly :roll: , which I think would be wrong. However, arranging local mini meets would be good and I agree with you on your point of us putting our location on. Also, arranging them via the'Meets and Events' is where I would expect it to be, hence my original post just before Christmas. :)

I shall endeavour to put my location on if I haven't already. ;) ;)
Martin_TD

Post by Martin_TD »

Hmm why has noone thought about this... can we get a sticky "Scotland", "England" etc so we can see how many people/who is near since a regonal section is a bit much... maybe just have it in the lounge/cav chat stickied?

Cheers Martin.
Cavalier 1.7TD CDX and Cavalier 1.7TD LS
Deeksin

Post by Deeksin »

I for one would be up for a get to together for some cav talk. Think the regional things a good idea good for getting quick info on people and garages near you
Deeks cavalier GSi 2000
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=5348
TurboSteven77

Post by TurboSteven77 »

the only prob is scotland so far and wide and you get folk not wanting to go to meet unless its on there front door step
Martin_TD

Post by Martin_TD »

A sticky rather than a sub forum would be ideal for now I think.

Maybe have it on rotation? meet at one place then the next one will be nearer some other place.
TurboSteven77

Post by TurboSteven77 »

Martin_TD wrote:A sticky rather than a sub forum would be ideal for now I think.

Maybe have it on rotation? meet at one place then the next one will be nearer some other place.

still same prob mate seen it on othere sites folk say aye aye we will go then on day pull out or dont turn up
that and price of petrol and folk working on days of meets

not trying to burst you bubble mate i would go to a meet as it would pass time best day for me is a sat as i get my kid every second sunday

night meets i dont do as i work at 530am most days doing temp work every week
Martin_TD

Post by Martin_TD »

Fair enough.

Would still be handy if someone near by needed a hand and I could help out or even just a few people for a chat would be cool.
psl

Post by psl »

Would be nice to see all that can get to a meet attend ;) the more cav`s at any meet is always good.
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

at this stage in the forum/club's growth it would probably be counter productive to split members off into subsidiary groups where they effectively end up speaking in their own groups rather than encouraging conversation with the club as a whole. i hear what you say re local meets etc but dont forget there is an underused Events/Meets section here which would accomodate what it is that you're suggesting; a great place to announce informal meets/chats as and when you see fit, anyone can post in there :)
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

Regarding Location...
Did anyone know that "In over my head" is 10 miles east of Manchester - Lol.

I have had several meets , with the venue being anywhere between being at my house, or 183 miles away with Envoy CDX at his house.

Only one meet entailed more than two Cavs... and that was only three Cavs

The dampener on attending meets, is the price of fuel :( and also other personal and working commitments.