Navigation with mobiles

Let us know if you're having difficulty using any of the forum's features
Forum rules
When requesting assistance in the Forum Support/Suggestion Box areas of http://www.vauxhallcavalier.com, please ensure that you include details highlighting the device and browser that you are using to navigate your way around the forum e.g. 'HTC One M8, Android, Chrome, Landscape Mode' or 'Desktop PC, IE Edge' etc. Admins/mods will be able to respond to posts/queries with more accuracy and greater speed when supplied with this information.
Telegram Sam

Navigation with mobiles

Post by Telegram Sam »

I am not a mobile friendly person due to the hassle factor / incompetence. Why can't I find the link to "View your posts" in the mobile "Menu"? Also I didn't find it easy to find the Forum Index from where to send a new post - things which are second nature on my lo - tec desktop
'91 H-reg SRi "130" manual hatch 8-valve non cat with mods
humbucker
Club Admin

Re: Navigation with mobiles

Post by humbucker »

In mobile view, click the 'four bar' icon to expand main menu. Click arrow next to 'advanced search' to expand sub menu. The links you are looking for are there.

I do not understand the second part of your post.
Telegram Sam

Post by Telegram Sam »

Yea that's just what I did - showed links to various other posts but not "your" I.e. "my" posts unless I'm missing something
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

Telegram Sam

Post by Telegram Sam »

"I do not understand the second part of your post.". I spent most of today in the garage waiting room so turned to surfing the Forum by mobile - the obvious way of passing the time profitably. When I log in on the desktop "Board Index" appears at the top left which is often my starting point. But this does not appear on the mobile. Somehow I was able to find it in the end after much searching but I could not say how to replicate the procedure.

"search.php?search_id=egosearch" Do I have to memorize this or if not how do I use it?
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

Telegram Sam wrote:"I do not understand the second part of your post.". I spent most of today in the garage waiting room so turned to surfing the Forum by mobile - the obvious way of passing the time profitably. When I log in on the desktop "Board Index" appears at the top left which is often my starting point. But this does not appear on the mobile. Somehow I was able to find it in the end after much searching but I could not say how to replicate the procedure.
Simply click on the 'www.vauxhallcavalier.com' banner at the top of each page to return to the forum homepage. The removal of extended navigation features is a common feature of responsive layouts, and the main logo of virtually every website in existence acts as a link to return the user to the index page.
Telegram Sam wrote:"search.php?search_id=egosearch" Do I have to memorize this or if not how do I use it?
Click it. It is the link to your 'my posts'. Another way of accessing your own posts is to click on your own username. This will present you with your public profile. Click 'search user's posts' to be presented with a list of every post you've ever made. Alternatively, hit 'advanced search' and enter your username into the appropriate field. Hit the submit button. Hey presto! The same list of results.

I will update/extend the responsive layout navigation to incorporate more links (including those listed above).
Telegram Sam

Post by Telegram Sam »

Tks, learn something new every day. Anything you can tweak to make the mobile format more idiot-proof has got to be a bonus.
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

The first item in the quick link list at the bottom of each page is also a link to 'home'.