Postimages request

Let us know if you're having difficulty using any of the forum's features
Forum rules
When requesting assistance in the Forum Support/Suggestion Box areas of http://www.vauxhallcavalier.com, please ensure that you include details highlighting the device and browser that you are using to navigate your way around the forum e.g. 'HTC One M8, Android, Chrome, Landscape Mode' or 'Desktop PC, IE Edge' etc. Admins/mods will be able to respond to posts/queries with more accuracy and greater speed when supplied with this information.
ilovedmymantas

Postimages request

Post by ilovedmymantas »

My car's just back from it's partial restore and I've got 70+ pics :love

Don't worry, as much as I love pics on the forum I don't want to hog pages so it got me thinking, why can I only view my posted thumbnails/photos full size but no-one else's?

After a bit of delving I think I've found what I'm after but it needs a moderator.

https://postimages.org/plugins
https://postimages.org/phpbb

A useful feature to add?
" It's not rust. It's age-related patina " ;)

1980 vauxhall cavalier MK1 1.6L, 1982 opel manta berlinetta 1.8s, 1985 opel manta 2.0 gte, 1990 cavalier 2.0 gl ,1994 cavalier sri x20xev

-1995 cdx x20xev

---------------
Matt
Robsey
Club Admin

Re: Postimages request

Post by Robsey »

It looks interesting, the only problem is that James and I have very limited “Admin” abilities. That is why I am green at the time of writing... I should be red but we cannot fix it - lol
I am sure Humbucker ( Dan ) will give it some thought.
ilovedmymantas

Post by ilovedmymantas »

I hope it's a goer.

-I don't see much point in uploading images in a lower resolution, it's another backup for my original files after all.

At the moment my choices seem to be small pic (thumbnail size) or huge.
If I'm viewing a page with a thumbnail I expect it to link to a full size image ( don't ask me how I know that :lol: ) so this would be ideal.
For now I'll post native size...

1980 vauxhall cavalier MK1 1.6L, 1982 opel manta berlinetta 1.8s, 1985 opel manta 2.0 gte, 1990 cavalier 2.0 gl ,1994 cavalier sri x20xev

-1995 cdx x20xev

---------------
Matt
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

I am sure some of it will depend upon the resolution that you upload it to postimages at.

I have all my photos backed up on cds at full resolution,
But upload to Postimages at 480x640 pixels.

I do this purely because of my broadband speed... or should I say lack of speed.
Typical 2Mbs in this modern day n age. :sick

Mobile 4g data is much quicker, but chews through data with the amount of How2 videos and photos that I read.
ilovedmymantas

Post by ilovedmymantas »

Ah. You've changed my perspective.
I had no idea broadband speeds could be so poor, surely something better's available?

I've uploaded to a new gallery that's the PI recommended resolution for message boards so I'll use that, mostly ;)

-1995 cdx x20xev

---------------
Matt
3cav3

Post by 3cav3 »

Until recently I actually had slower internet, however BT offered me 50mbs for a cheaper rate than continuing on their slow internet. It's now sorted but took over a month and 5 engineer visits for them to find out why the new service kept dropping out.
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

ilovedmymantas wrote:Ah. You've changed my perspective.
I had no idea broadband speeds could be so poor, surely something better's available?
It was worse before I repaired my interior cabling.
I bent the rules a little, because I rewired everything from the junction box.
It is a legal requirement for BT to rewire / maintain or repair all wiring and parts upto and including the junction box and 1st (primary) socket.

Internally my junction box looked like all the internal terminals had been ripped apart.
The wiring was very ropey and rusty and probably held together with cobwebs.

The primary socket was a basic 30 year old phone socket.

At this phase, I was getting more white noise than signal to my phones and the internet was peaking out at 137Kbs :o

‐------------------------------------------

Now I am not a certified BT engineer, but I was a qualified electrical / electronics engineer up to 2005 - I could certainly make a better job of the carnage left by BT in the nineties.

So - I fitted a cat 5e ADSL / VDSL equipped BT primary socket in place of the old clunker. And I used cat6 cabling to keep it as up to date as possible from the junction box without going down the fibre route.

All to official specifications using official BT parts.

As for the speed - although my data is unlimited via Sky, I am sure it is capped on speed, as we already pay too much without the ability to get fibre from my local exchange.

A ping test tonight gives -
8.14Mbs download and
0.91 Mbs upload.

So a quiet night - wait until the end of the month when all the new phones and games units are pounding the networks.