95 2.0 16v Auto exhaust issues

Let us know if you're having difficulty using any of the forum's features
Forum rules
When requesting assistance in the Forum Support/Suggestion Box areas of http://www.vauxhallcavalier.com, please ensure that you include details highlighting the device and browser that you are using to navigate your way around the forum e.g. 'HTC One M8, Android, Chrome, Landscape Mode' or 'Desktop PC, IE Edge' etc. Admins/mods will be able to respond to posts/queries with more accuracy and greater speed when supplied with this information.
SamBurton

95 2.0 16v Auto exhaust issues

Post by SamBurton »

Evening everyone, so the weekends task was to remove the manifold to drill out the broken downpipe bolt, on refit sounds like its blowing from manifold gasket now :( ive ordered a new gasket, studs and nuts to give it a fighting chance, but the air injection bracket bolts have snapped tried drilling them out but one has eaten a drill bit. Irony!

My question is the Air Injection system is noisey at best, can this be removed. I know on the old corsa b 1.4 people removed them and blanked off various bits. The rubber pipes coming off it are rather weak now and i imagine replacements are like gold dust.

Can a similar thing be done? Or am i barking up the wrong tree,