Cavalier cover.

Let us know if you're having difficulty using any of the forum's features
Forum rules
When requesting assistance in the Forum Support/Suggestion Box areas of http://www.vauxhallcavalier.com, please ensure that you include details highlighting the device and browser that you are using to navigate your way around the forum e.g. 'HTC One M8, Android, Chrome, Landscape Mode' or 'Desktop PC, IE Edge' etc. Admins/mods will be able to respond to posts/queries with more accuracy and greater speed when supplied with this information.
AndyCasTig68

Cavalier cover.

Post by AndyCasTig68 »

I'm thinking of buying a cover for my 1993 Cavalier Colorado. I have been told to be careful as not all covers are good for Cavalier paintwork. Does anyone know a good make as I do not have a garage.
Joner1983

Re: Cavalier cover.

Post by Joner1983 »

I bought one of these for my '90 SRi that I have to store outside

https://www.concoursautoproducts.co.uk/ ... k1988.html

I chose the eclipse range, quite expensive but a very good quality cover in my opinion. Very good fit and the inside is quite soft so doesn't mark the body :thumb
1991 H White 1.6L
1992 K Burgandy 1.6L
1989 F Lt Blue 2.0 CDI
1992 J Spectral Blue GSI2000
1995 M Black 2.0 SRI 16v Eco
1995 N Grey 1.8 GLS
1990 G Met. Red 2.0 SRi 20seh
1994 L Grey 2.5 V6
1992 J White GSI2000
So far...............
Mk3alan

Post by Mk3alan »

I use a Storm force cover, a breathable device which like a lot of that type of material (looks like a cloth) I find causes a lot dust on the car.
Does it's job though, mines lived outside for 25 years under a cover.
Used to use a Halfords product which was cheap enough to be replaced every year but they changed supplier and I had a nasty 'bloom' effect appear on my bootlid, complained and they promptly paid up for a respray but luckily the effect went away so a repaint was avoided.

Alan
James McGrath
Club Admin

Post by James McGrath »

I've only ever used very cheep covers, both from Argos I believe!
First was a breathable cover which was useless. It just let in water and kept it there basically.
Second was a non breathable waterproof cover. I thought that was very good. It kept everything dry and very clean. It did however start cracking after a year or two.