Just an idea

Let us know if you're having difficulty using any of the forum's features
Forum rules
When requesting assistance in the Forum Support/Suggestion Box areas of http://www.vauxhallcavalier.com, please ensure that you include details highlighting the device and browser that you are using to navigate your way around the forum e.g. 'HTC One M8, Android, Chrome, Landscape Mode' or 'Desktop PC, IE Edge' etc. Admins/mods will be able to respond to posts/queries with more accuracy and greater speed when supplied with this information.
carlos_canter

Just an idea

Post by carlos_canter »

Been thinking of this for a little while now, and envoy's reply in the "shock of my life" thread brought it home.

Not sure how easy or detailed it would be, but how about a map of the UK and in each county we can mark garages other members recommend? together with contact details etc??? or even a directory by county?

Members could even include them selves if they wish.

Just an idea, hopefully could help people out a little.

Carlos
"Redefining success since 1981"
Mort

Re: Just an idea

Post by Mort »

I think Google maps allows you to create something like what you are suggesting there. Never looked into it myself mind so I could be wrong, but are you suggesting something like "www.myfootygrounds.co.uk" ?
1995 Vauxhall Cavalier mk3 LS 2.0i 16v Automatic
1998 Vauxhall Astra mk4 CD 1.6i 16v
Squig

Post by Squig »

I like that idea... hmmm...
Elwood Blues: "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail me now!"

Gaz loses sleep for my car and helps me with parts at ungodly hours of the day. Awesome
Squig

Post by Squig »

right having a play now so watch this space and lets get some recommendations in the style of;

Name:
Rock Garage

Rates:
Very reasonable hourly rates (£40).

BRIEF Summary:
Excellent quality work done by a family run business who understands the phase "quality customer services" and acts accordingly.

Marks out of 10:
10 out of 10 for customer service and work.

Recommended by Squig & Sphinx

Gaz loses sleep for my car and helps me with parts at ungodly hours of the day. Awesome
carlos_canter

Post by carlos_canter »

Mort wrote:I think Google maps allows you to create something like what you are suggesting there. Never looked into it myself mind so I could be wrong, but are you suggesting something like "www.myfootygrounds.co.uk" ?
Pretty much the same idea,
"Redefining success since 1981"
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

this is a great idea but i think it should belong under the general section with events and meets and those other items.
Squig

Post by Squig »

I'm going to disagree slightly here, as the idea is to allow users to find local services which ties in nicely with technical queries.

Squig

Post by Squig »

quick add on the last post... I'd like to do this with another map posting member locations but only available to paid up members and with their consent... obviously we need to sort membership first :D