Editing Posts - Specifically in 'For Sale' Section.

Let us know if you're having difficulty using any of the forum's features
Forum rules
When requesting assistance in the Forum Support/Suggestion Box areas of http://www.vauxhallcavalier.com, please ensure that you include details highlighting the device and browser that you are using to navigate your way around the forum e.g. 'HTC One M8, Android, Chrome, Landscape Mode' or 'Desktop PC, IE Edge' etc. Admins/mods will be able to respond to posts/queries with more accuracy and greater speed when supplied with this information.
himselfunknown

Editing Posts - Specifically in 'For Sale' Section.

Post by himselfunknown »

I'm trying to update an initial post I have in the For Sale section, to update to reflect changed prices, add items and delete sold ones, so the opening post is kept 'current' to save people having to scroll all through every post to see if an item is still available.

However, unlike other forums I use, there doesn't seem to be an edit function? Even though it says at the bottom that I can edit posts? I'm confused!!

This is a bit of a pain as it means I've got to either open new threads every time I have more stuff for sale, or add posts to inform of changed prices or availability.

Any chance you could allow editing of posts, even if it's just in the For Sale section, for the reasons above please?

Cheers!
Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Re: Editing Posts - Specifically in 'For Sale' Section.

Post by Envoy CDX »

Will raise this with the other admin Tony.
Inthe mean time if you want to PM me the changes I'll pop it in :)
Check the Rules!

Raw 8v Power! - Bad Cav, Naughty Cav... Cav want's to do 90!

The How2 Index
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

edit function is limited on most forums, however, the amount of time you have to edit differs. here its within the hour i think, elsewhere it might be for a few weeks.
himselfunknown

Post by himselfunknown »

I understand that there are time limits. I'm just wondering if it's possible to relax them on the for sale forum so OP's can be updated days later so they're kept current. This makes it easy for the seller, and also for everybody else to keep track of what's still for sale, or sold. Rather than having to scroll down a load of posts to see if things have sold or are still available.
angryman

Post by angryman »

himselfunknown wrote:I understand that there are time limits. I'm just wondering if it's possible to relax them on the for sale forum so OP's can be updated days later so they're kept current. This makes it easy for the seller, and also for everybody else to keep track of what's still for sale, or sold. Rather than having to scroll down a load of posts to see if things have sold or are still available.

Sorry to bump an old post but I agree !

Can you make it so we can edit our own posst please, like other forum :cheers s