Breakers

Let us know if you're having difficulty using any of the forum's features
Forum rules
When requesting assistance in the Forum Support/Suggestion Box areas of http://www.vauxhallcavalier.com, please ensure that you include details highlighting the device and browser that you are using to navigate your way around the forum e.g. 'HTC One M8, Android, Chrome, Landscape Mode' or 'Desktop PC, IE Edge' etc. Admins/mods will be able to respond to posts/queries with more accuracy and greater speed when supplied with this information.
Mikebmth

Breakers

Post by Mikebmth »

I realise the site already has classifieds and recommended companys and people that do repairs etc on here..

Thought it would be useful as Cavs are becoming thin on the ground in breakers down here at least then having a list of good local breakers that frequently have good stock would be useful with maybe a rating from people who use them..

Only an idea but what do you think?
Free Parking is a bonus, leaving my Cav in a carbon dust filled carpark is not.....
HAIRIBO

Re: Breakers

Post by HAIRIBO »

I have same problem.

When I first got my car 10 years ago, there was loads in sunderland in breakers yards, but now the yards have long but gone. and the remaining yards in the noprth east dont seam to ever have any. or want stupid prices for them. And come to think of it, there are hardly any cavs on the road up here anymore.! :cry
C30XE
marcia

Post by marcia »

Same problem here my local breaker says due to lack of demand for Cavalier parts he crushes any cavs he gets right away.
William
PRESENT CAR;1995(N) Vauxhall Cavalier GLS, 2.0 litre, 16 Valve Automatic in Smoke Grey.
Owned since August 2006
Mikebmth

Post by Mikebmth »

Precisely my point....

Not many left now but there are those breakers out there that dont have websites etc but local knowledge helps loads!!
Free Parking is a bonus, leaving my Cav in a carbon dust filled carpark is not.....
vauxtillidie

Post by vauxtillidie »

very rare to see any now in our local ones get the odd calibra though
2006 Flame Red Astra VXR 19's, AFL, Headlamp Washers, Cruise Control, CD70+ AUX In, CID, Bluetooth, Sight & Light, Powerfold Mirrors, DDS/TPMS, Park Pilot, Check Control, Speed Locking - All Retrofitted by me :)
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

Get the odd Cavalier in the clump of yards in Bury (North Manchester).. but like you say, they are getting like rocking horse do.

The last yard I spoke to also said that they simply crush cavs now... no ifs and buts.
psl

Post by psl »

always been a good amount in at Seaton scrapyard in Rutland, last week there were 3 in a 8v 2L, a 1.8 LS and a 1.7td, all 3 were hatches. Prices are good too ;)
Carmaddad

Post by Carmaddad »

Traynors scrap yard in Grantham has cav's in now and again, they seem to leave them on the racks for a while as well
Chip Pan Dan

Post by Chip Pan Dan »

the yard i go gets them in now and then but they dont tend to hang around
Griffin

Post by Griffin »

I've got a really good local breaker with two in at the moment, strangely both green gls