Updated flyers

Let us know if you're having difficulty using any of the forum's features
Forum rules
When requesting assistance in the Forum Support/Suggestion Box areas of http://www.vauxhallcavalier.com, please ensure that you include details highlighting the device and browser that you are using to navigate your way around the forum e.g. 'HTC One M8, Android, Chrome, Landscape Mode' or 'Desktop PC, IE Edge' etc. Admins/mods will be able to respond to posts/queries with more accuracy and greater speed when supplied with this information.
Cavalier342

Updated flyers

Post by Cavalier342 »

Something myself and Mikebmth were discussing today, is there any chance of creating an updated flyer design? Or has it already been done? I reckon we can make them slightly more appealing, possibly have a few ideas and pick the best one?
Andrei.
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
Gaz

Re: Updated flyers

Post by Gaz »

by all means if somone wants a go.
Lowrider Dave
Club Admin

Post by Lowrider Dave »

As a graphic designer I'd be happy to help, although I think the current flyers are good, perhaps a 'freshing up' could be done - perhaps we can discuss some ideas at the meet on Sunday and if anyone else has an idea - mention it in this thread?
Lowrider Dave.

Archer 2.0 GLS
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

Ye, I do like the current ones but I feel they could do with a fresh look that's all :thumb Things like a slightly larger size for starters. But ye, we'll discuss it at the meet anywho. :thumb
Previous:

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
Mikebmth

Post by Mikebmth »

Sounds good, the ones we used to have on the Astra site I was on were A5? (half an A4 sheet) and full colour with more details about what was on the site.

Maybe whoever wins the car of the month could get their pic used as a flyer background?
Free Parking is a bonus, leaving my Cav in a carbon dust filled carpark is not.....
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

using photographs as the basis for the flyer are a bad idea for print reproduction etc, which is why i created the existing ones as a vector (which is the club logo). what information do you feel is missing from the existing flyer? there is rationale behind each element on the flyer so interested to hear what suggestions you have. i would, however, be reluctant to change the flyer, or any of the club branding for that matter, as it will undoubtedly dilute the club identity at a time when membership and increased awareness is on the up.
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

Keep the club name, obviously, but maybe increase the size of the flyer, and add a couple of bits like, Friendly forum, or The place for all Mk3 Cavalier owners, or something similar. Also maybe delete the bottom bit that says If we arent' live yet, which I think it spelt wrong anyway. I don't mean any major changes, just a fresh-up kinda thing. Only a suggestion, what does everyone else think? :)
Previous:

humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

Cavalier342 wrote:Keep the club name, obviously, but maybe increase the size of the flyer, and add a couple of bits like, Friendly forum, or The place for all Mk3 Cavalier owners, or something similar. Also maybe delete the bottom bit that says If we arent' live yet, which I think it spelt wrong anyway. I don't mean any major changes, just a fresh-up kinda thing. Only a suggestion, what does everyone else think? :)
The current flyer reads:

"Hi there fellow Cavalier owner! Please come and visit our online community of Cavalier Mk3 enthusiasts! The website includes maintenance guides, club meets, galleries and technical info. You were given this flyer by _____"

the tone of that message, not to mention the key words 'community', 'enthusiasts' and 'club meets' is enough to convey the idea that it's a friendly place to be, but i have no idea what you mean regarding 'if we arent live'...? what flyer are you looking at? this is the club flyer available for download at the top of every section of the website:

http://www.vauxhallcavalier.com/forum/download/cavmk3oc-flyer.pdf

i would be reluctant to put another picture of a car on there. most people will know what the car is, either by the pic or... um... their own car...

feedback is always well received, but we do need to be careful that we don't 'reinvent the wheel' and simultaneously dilute our brand identity.
vauxtillidie

Post by vauxtillidie »

was just going to say i dont know which flyer you got that quote from

i dont see anything wrong with the current flyer it looks smart and as said the wording itself says its a friendly place to come
2006 Flame Red Astra VXR 19's, AFL, Headlamp Washers, Cruise Control, CD70+ AUX In, CID, Bluetooth, Sight & Light, Powerfold Mirrors, DDS/TPMS, Park Pilot, Check Control, Speed Locking - All Retrofitted by me :)
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

Oh right, we're on the wrong tracks :lol:

I've got these ones:

Got them from sparrzy I believe, at a Rownhams meet a couple of years ago. :thumb

I had no idea about the one you posted up here... :? lol.
Previous:

humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

hahah you better get printing then! :lol: :lol: and don't forget to put your username on them too, credit where credit's due and all that... :)
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

Ye, was gonna do that as well. But the ones I got, I can always jot my username down as I hand them out. Suppose being small, they fit perfectly where I keep them. Cheers dude :thumb
Previous:

Mikebmth

Post by Mikebmth »

That's settled that then, I have same as Andrei as he passed me on some.... :lol:

Will print off some new ones when I get back to bomo..
Free Parking is a bonus, leaving my Cav in a carbon dust filled carpark is not.....
planetc

Post by planetc »

pmsl, I guess that answers a question, I wondered what all the fuss was about, because I thought they were ok.
"No the temperature gauge doesn't work........
we've driven 150 miles today........
the heater went cold last Thursday........
they check the level when it's serviced don't they?"
vauxtillidie

Post by vauxtillidie »

where does 'if we arent live' come from then?
2006 Flame Red Astra VXR 19's, AFL, Headlamp Washers, Cruise Control, CD70+ AUX In, CID, Bluetooth, Sight & Light, Powerfold Mirrors, DDS/TPMS, Park Pilot, Check Control, Speed Locking - All Retrofitted by me :)
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

Mikebmth wrote:That's settled that then, I have same as Andrei as he passed me on some.... :lol: Will print off some new ones when I get back to bomo..
that andrei... what a troublemaker :lol: :lol:

this is the link you're looking for:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3235

8-)
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

vauxtillidie wrote:where does 'if we arent live' come from then?
If you look at my pic of the flyer, it was right underneath the www.vauxhallcavalier.com, but I cut it out before taking the pic :thumb
Previous:

Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

humbucker wrote:
Mikebmth wrote:That's settled that then, I have same as Andrei as he passed me on some.... :lol: Will print off some new ones when I get back to bomo..

8-)
Talk about crossing wires :lol: Can't do pdf on my pc, haven't got acrobat reader. Will get them somehow though. :thumb
Previous:

planetc

Post by planetc »

Cavalier342 wrote:
humbucker wrote:

8-)
Talk about crossing wires :lol: Can't do pdf on my pc, haven't got acrobat reader. Will get them somehow though. :thumb
http://get.adobe.com/uk/reader/
"No the temperature gauge doesn't work........
we've driven 150 miles today........
the heater went cold last Thursday........
they check the level when it's serviced don't they?"
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

Yes, I know I know. Last time I downloaded that thing, my old laptop got a virus. By saying "old" laptop, you get the idea.
Previous:

humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

the 'new' flyer has been available to download here for at least two years! tsk tsk, pay attention! :lol:
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

humbucker wrote:the 'new' flyer has been available to download here for at least two years! tsk tsk, pay attention! :lol:
Yes boss, sorry boss, will do boss. :D :lol:
Previous: