Spare parts supply chain

Let us know if you're having difficulty using any of the forum's features
Forum rules
When requesting assistance in the Forum Support/Suggestion Box areas of http://www.vauxhallcavalier.com, please ensure that you include details highlighting the device and browser that you are using to navigate your way around the forum e.g. 'HTC One M8, Android, Chrome, Landscape Mode' or 'Desktop PC, IE Edge' etc. Admins/mods will be able to respond to posts/queries with more accuracy and greater speed when supplied with this information.
Telegram Sam

Spare parts supply chain

Post by Telegram Sam »

I made this suggestion in another forum, probably the wrong one:

If it has not already been set up, some way of making it easier to connect those looking for spare/replacement parts with a supply chain in a position to provide the goods.

One owner looking for an obscure widget has got a problem. Someone who has such a widget is going to have a problem in disposing of it economically and will probably throw it out. If many members' wants were channeled through CavMk3OC to a designated point of supply then it would be more rewarding for dealers or owners or whoever to hold stock, and respond to enquiries. "Mass" purchasing power and all that.

I haven't thought the workings through to the end. May be you can refine the thinking?
'91 H-reg SRi "130" manual hatch 8-valve non cat with mods
humbucker
Club Admin

Re: Spare parts supply chain

Post by humbucker »

We have a WANTED section as well as a FOR SALE section to assist with supply and demand and most available parts from members will be listed there. We also have a RECOMMENDED SERVICES section to meet some other common requests. We also have a part number request thread. If you want to know the best places to find items that are perhaps n/l/s then the best thing is to simply fire a post up in the technical section that suits the part you're after, or put a request in the wanted section, and it won't be long before someone points you in the right direction.

8-)
Telegram Sam

Re: Spare parts supply chain

Post by Telegram Sam »

I'll certainly try that to see what results. I suppose the light bulb I had was to somehow link this up with external sources in order to spread the net wider as parts for Cavaliers become endangered species. But I haven't thought it through properly.
'91 H-reg SRi "130" manual hatch 8-valve non cat with mods