K reg Novavan

An area of the forum dedicated to the other marques and models sat on your driveway (please post only one thread per car)
Rage

K reg Novavan

Post by Rage »

picked this up as a cheaper work runaround

not looking to do much to it except to give it a good clean up. but then i said the cav was just till i got my astra back on the road lol.

it's a little 1.5 diesel with 72000 miles on her. she is an old suffolk county council meals on wheels van so she has had an easy life still got the original exhaust on her aswell as far as i can tell as its a gm one.

I have done a few things to her since getting her at the end of january. the heater motor only worked at full speed and then it was really noisy so ive changed that. the heater control panel was dark so new bulbs were put in along with the headlight switch. I have also done the cambelt along with the tensioner and idler, a set of glow plugs and an airfilter. now i just need to sort out the poor excuse of dent repair on the passenger wing, the couple of dents/scratches on the bonnet and get a new ariel fitted in the wing then i can go round and get the paint looking a little fresher. and maybe a set of alloys just haven't decided on those yet
sriguy wrote:whats the excitment with broken exhausts.
Rage wrote:must be one of these "your not making enough power till you break something" things or just the "plain childish p*** everyone off with sheer noise" factor :lol:
Peanut_119

Re: K reg Novavan

Post by Peanut_119 »

Very nice, I was looking for a diesel nova, or my old diesel corsa back and a cheap runaround
TurboDan

Post by TurboDan »

Looks great, vans are cool. 8-)
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

Did somebody say C20LET...?!
Lowrider Dave
Club Admin

Post by Lowrider Dave »

Sweet.
Lowrider Dave.

Archer 2.0 GLS
Rage

Post by Rage »

humbucker wrote:Did somebody say C20LET...?!
might end up with a c14se in it got starting problems with her at the minute thinking its the 20 yro fuel lines leaking air into the system just need dry enough weather to sort her out she cranks fine just won't start. although i did have her running twice by starting her with easy start which is why i'm suspecting the fuel lines having some sort of leak as she ran fine once she was started and even restarted once i shut her off but over night something happens that means she won't start in the morning or during the day so i don't think temperature has anything to do with it.
ive also given her a full service with new glow plugs, air filter, timing belt with tensioner and idler, and after i had starting problems she now has a new fuel filter and the oil and oil filter was done just before i got her. since doing the service i had about 200 miles faultless use and i have rechecked the timing aswell yet still she won't start. very impressed with the battery though i had about a week of messing about and cranking before it started to slow. so it's had a recharge to make sure thats kept good aswell
Rage wrote:must be one of these "your not making enough power till you break something" things or just the "plain childish p*** everyone off with sheer noise" factor :lol:
planetc

Post by planetc »

Poor cold start, check glow plugs, tappets, and air leaks as you have said. Tight tappets is a more common cause than people realise.
"No the temperature gauge doesn't work........
we've driven 150 miles today........
the heater went cold last Thursday........
they check the level when it's serviced don't they?"
Rage

Post by Rage »

trying to rule out an airleak in the fuel lines first as it seems like it's getting no fuel so i have just got a hand priming bulb to go in the tank to filter line and it's got a one way valve in it aswell so hopefully that will sort it