My new daily.

An area of the forum dedicated to the other marques and models sat on your driveway (please post only one thread per car)
rupegsi

My new daily.

Post by rupegsi »

Since my cav turbo was stolen (and recovered) I'm not parking it outside my house anymore. So I've hidden t it away for now and bought myself an mr2 n/a. Yeah i know, but i got it for£480 and it only needed a couple of droplinks for the mot. The indicators are taking some getting used to as they're on the wrong side so I've been turning on the windscreen wipers by mistake :scratch :oops: Apart from that I quite like it. Here's some pics.

gsi pie

Re: My new daily.

Post by gsi pie »

nice :)

ive always liked theses :)
My valver brings all the boys to the yard, dam right its cammed and carbed, dam right it pops and farts, I would show you but the fuker won't start!
iangsi
Club Admin

Post by iangsi »

Looks tidy & it's a T-top version :thumb
cavaliersri130

Post by cavaliersri130 »

Looks pretty nice m8.

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
Once driven forever smitten , The car of the future today.
rupegsi

Post by rupegsi »

Cheers for the comments. It was a leaky t top. Had to use the old silicone and cling film trick, doesn't leak at all now. :D . No real plans for it for now as funds are low. Would love a turbo conversion though. ;)
Chip Pan Dan

Post by Chip Pan Dan »

driffffft slut :p
TurboDan

Post by TurboDan »

I kept doing exactly the same as you with the indicators lol, took me ages to get used to it! Mine had a full veilside kit etc.. it looked great BUT the engine on the other hand......

It was the same as yours and was generally the most unreliable car i have ever owned, all the common faults that usual go wrong on these went wrong within the space of about 2 months!

The alternator went, radiator went, and the brake calipers seized up one by one, in the end i had had enough and sold it. The brakes were really bad so look out for these on yours.

As for being able to drift it, NO chance! lol Even in the rain i couldnt even get it to wheel spin, was just too slow. The turbo one would be great though.
terkin

Post by terkin »

very nice, nearly swapped one for my gsi last year.to much weight in the arse end for drifting
rupegsi

Post by rupegsi »

Yeah I think the calipers are a bit seized on mine. Discs definitely feel a little warped when you're coming to a stop. Will sort that at the end of the month. Rad and alternator seem fine for now and yes these are all common faults on mr2s, as was the dripping water on my leg from the t bar. Doesn't leak any more though. As for drifting it, no thanks. It handles very nicely and I probably could get the back end out if i tried hard enough but i dont know whether I could get it back. This is my first rwd car so I'm being careful. Can't afford to crash it! And yes the turbo version is great. My mate has a rev3 running 280bhp and its mental!!!