My toy :)

An area of the forum dedicated to the other marques and models sat on your driveway (please post only one thread per car)
hipo1024

My toy :)

Post by hipo1024 »

Its still a Vx, so i'll stick it up here :) Its a P plate frontera swb 2.8tdi. Its running with a tweeked pump and bleed valve (about 13psi) to give it some extra grunt. It also has a 2" suspension lift and did have a 12000 pound winch on the front, but we'll get onto the later :roll: Also have some fairly tall insa turbo special tracks on it with some spacers to give it a wider stance :twisted:

I have a few plans for it while its off the road (the winch thing and tax has run out) and also since its no longer my daily drive I can go a little further with mods :) Namely a proper front winch bumper, rock and tree sliders to replace the rotted sills, welded front diff, remove all the carpets because I am sick to death of getting muddy water in the carpets and having to dry them out for weeks on end, spray some rubberized paint in the foot wells, snorkel and thats about it :)

Time for some pics:
As she was when I got her

What it looks like now

And part of the reason shes off the road - Got it stuck green laning near Ely and ended up partially removing the winch tray that was welded to the chassis opps, yes its safe to say, once again I lived upto my reputation of never doing anything by half hehehehe. Just for referance, the straps that disappear under the bonnet were level with the slam pannel

Any and all comments welcome :)
Daily driver: '55 Jeep GC CRD 3.0 v6
SORN'd car: '93 1.7td Cavalier

If it ain't broke, fix it til it is :)
planetc

Re: My toy :)

Post by planetc »

I think the 2.8 was probably the best one they did. A very underrated car imo. Lose all the emissions related crap off it and it's a good engine. I had a 2.0 sport, but it was a bit of a dog.
"No the temperature gauge doesn't work........
we've driven 150 miles today........
the heater went cold last Thursday........
they check the level when it's serviced don't they?"
beermonsterblack

Post by beermonsterblack »

not really my sort of thing but hay it's a vaux and nice hat :lol:
Well, thank you, Mr. Bandit. And as the pursuer, may I say you're the goddamnedest pursuee I've ever pursued
John Owens

Post by John Owens »

Looks good fun & no worry about getting your pride & joy dirty ! Lol
hipo1024

Post by hipo1024 »

Yeah I'm with you there, its a very understated car. Mine will go everywhere a landanchor err I mean green ovel with the same mods will go. Clearly a defender with 35" mud tyres and 5inch lift will go further than this will but like for like its no worse in ability. And because its a Vauxhall its cheap in comparison in every respect, insurance, cost to buy, cost of mods etc. And the 2.8tdi is a shorter stroke version if the Isuzu 3.1td, in other words bomb proof :D.

As for getting her dirty, well your doing it wrong if you don't hehe
Daily driver: '55 Jeep GC CRD 3.0 v6
SORN'd car: '93 1.7td Cavalier

If it ain't broke, fix it til it is :)