my winter car/project cheap cheap.

An area of the forum dedicated to the other marques and models sat on your driveway (please post only one thread per car)
btcctroy
Mk3 Cavalier Rust Buster

Re: my winter car/project cheap cheap.

Post by btcctroy »

iangsi wrote:Those 1.8 SE engines don' get enough credit, bullet proof & pull well through all the gears :thumb
It far better than all the spi 1.8s used in the mk3 Cavs. I like it better than 20ne
....with a brew and my favourite biscuits.
belmont_dazz

Post by belmont_dazz »

tommy8252 wrote:Yeah another 4 door loon :)

That front bumper looks like a mk1 mondeo front bumper without the gaffa tape lol

Get a v6 in it, you know you want too
Honestly im so close to doing so! I love the v6 engines, I miss my Belmont purely because I miss the v6 I put in it. A mk2 Astra with v6, "it will be slow" "it wont handle" etc, b#ll#cks, I got 215hp from the c25xevwith diy ported head, 3branch manifolds, ported throttle body, 3.0 cams and decent exhaust. It also handled very well with the right suspension.

Just looking and all the comments are just the same for the nova but I do want to do it.
belmont_dazz

Post by belmont_dazz »

btcctroy wrote:
iangsi wrote:Those 1.8 SE engines don' get enough credit, bullet proof & pull well through all the gears :thumb
It far better than all the spi 1.8s used in the mk3 Cavs. I like it better than 20ne
Its not exactly slow and it does 115 miles to £20 around town. Thats 39mpg!!