humbucker's 2004 Irmscher MV6 #irmscherMV6

An area of the forum dedicated to the other marques and models sat on your driveway (please post only one thread per car)
humbucker
Club Admin

Re: humbucker's 2004 Irmscher MV6 #irmscherMV6

Post by humbucker »

Its interior might be as clean as a whistle, but the outside of #irmscherMV6 leaves a lot to be desired! All in good time... :lol:

humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

Talking of which, I was on the lookout for a new pressure washer in advance of a blitz of ‪#‎irmscherMV6‬’s crud-laden exterior and thought I’d share my findings with you. Tesco Direct are offering the compact Karcher K2 reduced from £79 to £59, and there’s a further £10 reduction available by using voucher code TDX-PRKW. I was intending to buy a ‘bigger’ pressure washer tbh, but the K2’s £49 price tag was impossible to ignore (especially when the same unit has been retailing at £100 in Argos!). Anyway, it arrived this week and I thought I’d post details so that others might be able to take advantage of the offer while it’s available. Thanks to Joff for the tip! Link: http://www.tesco.com/direct/karcher-k2- ... ff_2095323

humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

Oooh! What's in the box?! :P

Lowrider Dave
Club Admin

Post by Lowrider Dave »

How well does Vanish carpet work Dan?, I've wanting to get some to do the seats as the Autoglym stuff doesn't seem to work that well.
Lowrider Dave.

Archer 2.0 GLS
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

lowrider dave wrote:How well does Vanish carpet work Dan?, I've wanting to get some to do the seats as the Autoglym stuff doesn't seem to work that well.
I'll admit that it was a bit absent minded of me to forget a pic of the carpets after I'd blitzed them! I used the bottle on the left for the typical stain remover, then used the one on the right for a 'snowfoam' of all the carpets. It has to be left in for a very long time and is hoovered out. The car did pong a bit as it's been in storagefor so long, but this was a fairly cheap solution inspired by the umpteen red wine and coffee spills inflicted on our long-suffering living room floor! Vanish does the trick there, so I figured that it should work wonders in the car.

The only thing I'd say is that the MV6 carpets are deep pile and don't like being rubbed the wrong way - literally; there are a couple of areas where I was a little over enthusiastic with the scrubbing and unwittingly caused a less than satisfactory finish, but these are hidden from view now that the new seats are in place (more to follow on that in the next issue of the mag).
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

humbucker wrote: don't like being rubbed the wrong way - literally

Nobody likes that :thumb

But yes, foam cleaner is the way to go!!! For carpets it is ideal, out of curiosity, how long did you leave it to soak in before vacuuming out? Need to do the same to mine at some point as my V6 carpets are deeper pile too, compared to my auto anyway. Same with the seats and door card fabrics, brush them the wrong way and they change colour :lol: Bugs the shit out of me but that's velor for you :thumb
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
joe cavalier sri

Post by joe cavalier sri »

humbucker wrote:As expected, I had the same problem when removing the leather from the donor car. This time, however, Megachisel™ was on hand. THWACK! :)

lol that thwack pic reminds me of classic batiman an robin when they get into a fight lol :lol:
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

joe cavalier sri wrote:lol that thwack pic reminds me of classic batiman an robin when they get into a fight lol :lol:
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

Did you know that a 5.7-litre LS1-powered V8 Omega was planned? The "V8.COM" was intended to be used as be a mobile office. Evidently, sitting in the back of the development/concept car would give passengers a hideous orange tan, and it seems that it was compulsory to use a keyboard lifted from the USS Enterprise (circa 1968) or a Commodore 64 when carrying out 'business' from within the confines of its cabin. Oh, and it appears as though an ATM was installed in the back of the offside front headrest. Nice.

Press release prior to the Frankfurt Motor Show (2009?):

The new Omega, to be launched in the autumn, is the basis for Omega V8.com - a concept study of the on-road communications centre of the future - which will be shown by Opel at next month's Frankfurt International Motor Show.

The Omega V8.com demonstrates how a fully functional network of mobile communications and other driver-support systems can be installed in a passenger car.

The multi-media mobile is equipped with Night Vision, the Advanced Frontlighting System, an on-board PC with Internet access and voice control as well as up-to-the-minute audio, navigation and mobile phone technology.

To create the Omega V8.com a new Omega estate was lengthened by 130mm. The bonnet of the silvery-green concept car conceals the 5.7-litre, V8 aluminium engine from the Chevrolet Corvette that will power the top-of-the-range Omega in Europe next summer.

Inside, four passengers enjoy the highest degree of comfort in adjustable, individual seats. There are separate pull-out video screens on the instrument panel and in the front seat backs, switches on the centre console and loudspeakers integrated into the head restraints for individual audio reception.

Passengers have access to an array of communications systems including a video telephone with separate microphones and cameras as well as audio systems like the digital radio, CD and cassette deck. They can watch television or video-CDs and the driver can operate various systems by voice command.

E-mails received by the on-board, multi-media computer via Internet can be reproduced in audio format. The keyboard is also extremely user-friendly: its infra-red interface makes obstructive cables obsolete. In addition to all this, the Omega V8.com features a new-generation navigation system.

The Omega V8.com demonstrates a host of modern driver-support technology, too. Instead of a conventional main instrument panel, there is a flat display screen which can be individually configured, allowing the driver to see the instruments and any information he needs in an optimised way. The Night Vision system provides extra safety in the dark. Images produced by an infra-red camera in the car's grille are projected onto the windscreen (head-up display) so that the driver can see the additional information without taking his eyes off the road.

This safety feature is supported by the Advanced Frontlighting System, with its variable headlamp beam. The light distribution of the headlamp beam alters depending on the road type, weather conditions and the driving situation. On curving roads, for example, the lights shine into the bend, improving visibility on the road ahead.

A miniature camera with a wide-angle lens located near the rear window wiper sends distortion-corrected pictures of the area behind the car to a driver display, making parking easier.
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

Legend has it that Opel couldn't keep under-bonnet temperatures low enough when the car was travelling for sustained periods at high speed, ultimately forcing GM to ditch the idea. Long-standing rumours about a coalition of German executive express manufacturers encouraging Opel to halt the project in order to protect a valuable market monopoly remain unproven... :roll: There was a 'regular' V8-equipped version of the car in the pipeline too.

Here's a video of the development vehicle on display. "Opel Motorcity 2009 Omega V8 Über-Omega 5,7l 315PS":

Link
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

From Wikipedia:

Omega V8

Opel was planning to upgrade its flagship Omega model with powerful GM LS1 V8 engine used in Chevrolet Corvette. Unlike V8.com which was the concept car, this model was intended to go into the serial production. Omega V8 was shown publicly for the first time at 70th Geneva Motor Show (March 2–12, 2000). The V8-engined version was to be put on sale autumn 2000.[12]

The reasons for cancelling production plans were concerns about whether the engine was vollgasfest (German, "Full throttle resistant") - the engine might overheat and be damaged if driven flat out on the Autobahn for long periods of time, although Holden equipped its Commodore (which was re-engineered Omega for Australian market) with the same engine.[13] A version of this platform was used for the Holden Monaro which was marketed in the US as the fourth generation Pontiac GTO and in the UK as the Vauxhall Monaro.
Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Post by Envoy CDX »

Think I might go purchase some Vanish tomorrow now..
Check the Rules!

Raw 8v Power! - Bad Cav, Naughty Cav... Cav want's to do 90!

The How2 Index
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

Lazily copying status updates from social networking channels into forum posts wasn't really working, eh?! Hashtag fail. You have my apologies! I have retrospectively edited each of the posts on this thread to reflect 'proper' content with lots of new pics, new content, expanded detail etc. Please do have a flick back through the thread. I shall endeavour to make your #irmscherMV6 experience a more enjoyable one from this point onwards, hehe! ;)
SteLowis

Post by SteLowis »

Great work fella. Your posts & updates are always first class and full of detail.
Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Post by Envoy CDX »

Loving the re-write. Definitely looking forward to seeing how things pan out for you long term.
Check the Rules!

The How2 Index
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

SteLowis wrote:Great work fella. Your posts & updates are always first class and full of detail.
Thanks for the positive feedback Ste. Glad you're enjoying the thread. It's slow progress, but I guess all progress is good, eh?! Gagging to get the car up and running now.
Envoy CDX wrote:Loving the re-write. Definitely looking forward to seeing how things pan out for you long term.
Cheers Gary. I'm hoping to make good progress this coming weekend if all goes to plan - time to kill the silver MV6! :o :lol:
SteLowis

Post by SteLowis »

Least it's progress fella. Every little helps & stops it getting on top of you
Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Post by Envoy CDX »

humbucker wrote:
Envoy CDX wrote:Loving the re-write. Definitely looking forward to seeing how things pan out for you long term.
Cheers Gary. I'm hoping to make good progress this coming weekend if all goes to plan - time to kill the silver MV6! :o :lol:
What's the plan? :evil:
Check the Rules!

The How2 Index
btcctroy
Mk3 Cavalier Rust Buster

Post by btcctroy »

Ditch the v6 and fit a v8
....with a brew and my favourite biscuits.
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

Envoy CDX wrote:What's the plan? :evil:
Engine, box, pedals out with a bit of luck. I need to draw up a list of required parts for the Irmscher car - I'll be nabbing the radiator and loads of other bits in addition to the transmission.
btcctroy wrote:Ditch the v6 and fit a v8
Nah, gonna put another 3.2 in until the next phase of the project (I already have the engine for that too ;) )
Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Post by Envoy CDX »

humbucker wrote:
Engine, box, pedals out with a bit of luck. I need to draw up a list of required parts for the Irmscher car - I'll be nabbing the radiator and loads of other bits in addition to the transmission.
Sounds like a fair bit of work - but achievable easily in a couple of days :)
Check the Rules!

The How2 Index
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

Envoy CDX wrote:
humbucker wrote:
Sounds like a fair bit of work - but achievable easily in a couple of days :)
Grrr... bloody stuck/rounded exhaust manifold to downpipe bolts... :evil:
btcctroy
Mk3 Cavalier Rust Buster

Post by btcctroy »

Never nice [FEARFUL FACE]
....with a brew and my favourite biscuits.
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

btcctroy wrote:Never nice [FEARFUL FACE]
"Two out of two mechanics recommend Mini-Ductor II" :lol:

Roll on Saturday...

Link
planetc

Post by planetc »

Cool tool!
"No the temperature gauge doesn't work........
we've driven 150 miles today........
the heater went cold last Thursday........
they check the level when it's serviced don't they?"