humbucker's 1980 Rolls-Royce Silver Shadow II

An area of the forum dedicated to the other marques and models sat on your driveway (please post only one thread per car)
humbucker
Club Admin

Re: humbucker's 1980 Rolls-Royce Silver Shadow II

Post by humbucker »

ABS wrote:That leather restoration is incredible. What is a ball park figure for a job like that? Also does it feel like fresh leather with all that lacquer etc on top or does it now feel synthetic?
TBH, it's difficult to say due to the fact that the extent of damage to leather is likely to differ from car to car. If you're after a similar service, I would recommend picking up the phone to Simon with a view to arranging an appointment so that he can cast an eye over the mess you want him to fix.
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

I have booked myself on a weekend-long course at the workshops/headquarters of the Rolls-Royce Enthusiasts' Club in the hope of learning more about the complex mechanical and electrical systems nestling within my Silver Shadow II. I'd like to overhaul the hydraulics (brakes and suspension) on my car as part of plan of action that will see plenty of chassis upgrades land in the not-too-distant future. Restoring the hydraulics is a job that most workshops will charge thousands for, so I figure it's well worth finding out how to do it myself!

humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

It's that time again! Yes, my latest Silver Shadow II project update has been published in the new issue of Retro Cars magazine. Click here to download some Rolls-themed words and pictures in a digital format. :)