Suzuki RGV250

An area of the forum dedicated to the other marques and models sat on your driveway (please post only one thread per car)
iancav6

Suzuki RGV250

Post by iancav6 »

This is the reason the Cav has taken a back seat this winter,getting towards the end of the restoration of my RGV250.
Owned it for nearly 2 years bought as a non runner.
Looking forward now to spring to get it on the road.
140kgs with 62 hp, supposed to do 0-60 in 3.7secs.

Cavalier342

Re: Suzuki RGV250

Post by Cavalier342 »

I'm planning on switching to 2 wheels very soon, primarily because of running costs, and the freedom and versatility of parking and storage of mopeds/bikes rather than cars.

Love my Harleys as I'm more into cruising type vehicles, but I don't mind most other sports/road bikes.
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
iancav6

Post by iancav6 »

Cavalier342 wrote:I'm planning on switching to 2 wheels very soon, primarily because of running costs, and the freedom and versatility of parking and storage of mopeds/bikes rather than cars.

Love my Harleys as I'm more into cruising type vehicles, but I don't mind most other sports/road bikes.
Glad to hear it, have you passed your test yet?
Ive been riding bikes since I was 14 and passed my test in 1981 when all you had to do was ride around the block a few times :thumb

Wouldnt say no to riding a Harley, rented one for a day once in usa, great laugh.just wouldnt have one with all the tassles and crap all over it.

Prefer the classic Jap stuff, got my FZR1000, GT380 & SS125 along with the RGV.
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

No, haven't done a CBT yet, the up-front costs of even a moped are high, there's the CBT, £120ish, gear, all I'm after is helmet and gloves at the moment for round-town riding, and the vehicle itself. But, providing I get all that sorted, the running costs are peanuts compared to 4 wheels. Plus I like the idea of the freedom and nipping around where cars can't go...
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
TurboDan

Post by TurboDan »

I have my license, passed it about 7 years ago (something like that anyway). Although i dont have a bike anymore.

This was my first bike i got aprillia RS125, bought it damaged with a broken engine so fixed it all up painted it etc...

Then once i had passed my full test i got this Suzuki 650s V twin, sounded amazing. It was also abit battered when i got that too so also painted that one and generally made it mint.

It is nice when your on a bike, you do feel free to just go anywhere but i had 1 friend die on his after being knocked off it and my other friend got hit by a truck and is now paralised from the neck down and has been for about 5 years now. This made me get rid as it really makes you think.

That said though i'd still say go for it as its nice to know you can do it :)
iancav6

Post by iancav6 »

Cavalier342 wrote:No, haven't done a CBT yet, the up-front costs of even a moped are high, there's the CBT, £120ish, gear, all I'm after is helmet and gloves at the moment for round-town riding, and the vehicle itself. But, providing I get all that sorted, the running costs are peanuts compared to 4 wheels. Plus I like the idea of the freedom and nipping around where cars can't go...
Yeah I know its expensive now.My eldest daughter passed her test a few years ago , cost her many £100s to pass and get the right kit.
TurboDan

Post by TurboDan »

The bikes looking good, has it had a full rebuild?
iancav6

Post by iancav6 »

TurboDan wrote:The bikes looking good, has it had a full rebuild?
Yes its been its been fully stripped, engine rebuilt and the rest put back together using new genuine,new pattern and used parts.
Suzuki have an excellent range of vintage bike spares available, I can get most bits within a few days.
Looking forward to getting it on the road to experience the 2 stroke noise and the kick of the powerband at 9000rpm :thumb
leigh200sx

Post by leigh200sx »

I use to have lots of bikes when you I was younger, I ended up with cbr600rr and one day I was riding past woods in Abergele and I spotted this little yellow bike, I quickly turned around and went back to view the bike,no deal was done and I rode away on a stunning rgv250rrv...

Best bike I ever had .. It was awesome I loved it, it was tuned quite a bit and was supposedly 74bhp I never had proof of this but it was insane fast... I'd love another one