1985 Opel Rekord 2.2

An area of the forum dedicated to the other marques and models sat on your driveway (please post only one thread per car)
sutty2006

1985 Opel Rekord 2.2

Post by sutty2006 »

Well, I did it again.

Bought another old Opel just for the sake of saving a classic. And my grandad had one years ago in the same colour and trim.

1985 Opel Rekord 2.2i top spec. Electric everything. Bought with no engine and gearbox, in need of light restoration.

It was taken straight to my body shop man who set into the welding and body work.

Door o/s/r repaired

A pillar repaired

o/s/r arch repaired

o/s/r valance repaired

A few other bits n bobs repaired and its ready for sanding and paint.

Hopefully on the road for summer. Have sourced a 2.2 engine. I have a manta 5spd gearbox to mate, and someone in wales has the rest of the bits i need to finish.

Watch this space.
1976 Manta B coupe
1987 Manta C Hatch 16v
1995 Cavalier Expression
1995 Landrover discovery TDi
2006 Mondeo ST TDCi
Lowrider Dave
Club Admin

Re: 1985 Opel Rekord 2.2

Post by Lowrider Dave »

Looking good, well done for saving it!
Lowrider Dave.

Archer 2.0 GLS
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

Nice work, although let's not forget that this is a vintage Vauxhall/Opel. In other words, are you sure that the arch repair is adequate?! I can't tell from the pic, but it looks like it's been filled rather than replaced?

Was this car advertised on eBay by any chance? I seem to remember a cool Carlton that looked very much like yours when I was idly pawing over pictures of Lotus Carltons a couple of weeks ago! :lol: 8-)

Looking forward to progress reports, keep us posted :)
sutty2006

Post by sutty2006 »

All repairs have been done with metal including the arch. Filler is only there to make near perfect finish. I didnt manage to get any pictures of it bare metal.

Yes it was on ebay recently, I got it a lot cheeper as the guy selling it was someone i know and it was very local to me :D
1976 Manta B coupe
1987 Manta C Hatch 16v
1995 Cavalier Expression
1995 Landrover discovery TDi
2006 Mondeo ST TDCi