Build thread - garage / workshop

An area of the forum dedicated to the other marques and models sat on your driveway (please post only one thread per car)
twiglet

Build thread - garage / workshop

Post by twiglet »

Right, so following popular demand (mainly Humbucker!!), I have decided to start a build thread detailing the construction of my garage / workshop.

This will hopefully be a long running thread, and I will update with info and pictures of the build as it progressed.

Ok, so we bought and moved into our current home in June of 2012. The house was built in 1950, and had only 1 owner until he passed away a couple of years back. The house is in fantastic structural condition, but as is the way with these things, needs alot of updating on the inside. This suits me though, as it gives me a blank canvas to work with. :)

It's a similar story on the outside. The previous owner was a very keen gardener, and after his death his daughter continued to work the garden. So when I moved in I was greeted with a large vegetable patch, an huge greenhouse, a potting shed, and absolutely nowhere to work on my cars! ::)

Even before I had moved in, I had drawn up some sketches for the garage I planned to build, and in late June I had an architect mate do some proper drawings and submit them for planning consent. While this was rolling on (not a quick process as I'm sure you're all aware), I set to work clearing the garden ready for work to commence. I sold the greenhouse, which was dismantled and collected by the buyer (handy ;) ), I dismantled the shed, and relocated it to a temporary location, with the intention of using it as a site office! ;D

So, in November of 2012, this is what my garden looked like...

More to come... :thumb
Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Re: Build thread - garage / workshop

Post by Envoy CDX »

Looking forward to seeing what comes.
Check the Rules!

Raw 8v Power! - Bad Cav, Naughty Cav... Cav want's to do 90!

The How2 Index