Vectra 3.0 V6 Sri Tdi Automatic

An area of the forum dedicated to the other marques and models sat on your driveway (please post only one thread per car)
3cav3

Vectra 3.0 V6 Sri Tdi Automatic

Post by 3cav3 »

Been meaning to post up my other Vauxhall for a while. Its a late 2007 Vectra Sri with a stonking great 3.0 V6 Diesel engine, and a 6 speed auto. Throws you back in your seat at 80, don't know what it tops out at, but all I can say is its quick!
Does about 25mpg but I have got it down to 4mpg when seriously canning it!
3cav3

Re: Vectra 3.0 V6 Sri Tdi Automatic

Post by 3cav3 »

Meant to say I've only had this one for a few months. It's an allmost identical replacement for the one I had last year( even the colours the same). This one however has a working gearbox!
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

Ah another Vectra-C owner.
I am surprised at the head-unit.
CD30 and Triple Info Display.
I would have expected at least a CDC40 and GID on an SRi.

Had a CD30 and TID in our 2005 Energy with 1.9CDTi 150, before I started the craze of upgrading to CD70 and CID.

Not the most beautiful of Vauxhall's creations, but it is moderately comfortable and practical.

That mpg is scary for a diesel, however I get the impression you are an enthusiastic driver - ha ha.
Ours comfortably manages mid-40's mpg.

We still have the old girl, with about 128,000 miles on the clock after 11 years of ownership.

Wow - just noticed the old style bonnet-prop.
I thought that all Vectra-C's came with the gas-struts. Seems odd to see it on a late model.

Obviously Vauxhall penny pinching towards the latter years of production.
3cav3

Post by 3cav3 »

25 mpg is with the auto box and mainly country roads. You can get better if you put it on the motorway. When I've really tried I've got it to average over 40 mpg.
The other bit of penny pinching with this car is the cloth interior instead of leather. The reason I bought it though was the impeccable service history( full Vauxhall done ahead of schedule ) and the sensible mileage for a diesel.
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

Yes, very good low mileage for a diesel.

Still a very nice example.
3cav3

Post by 3cav3 »

Taken a bit of a chance as the last one suffered gearbox failure just after buying it. Even using a second hand box it was going to cost at least as much as the car was worth. Touch wood this one seems fine and I do really need an auto in town traffic as I've got bad athritus in my left leg.
tonyo

Post by tonyo »

Robsey wrote:Ah another Vectra-C owner.

Wow - just noticed the old style bonnet-prop.
I thought that all Vectra-C's came with the gas-struts. Seems odd to see it on a late model.

Obviously Vauxhall penny pinching towards the latter years of production.
Facelift Vectra C's went back to a prop.. I believe that the reason was the bonnet stucture meant they were more prone to bending with struts.

I had a 2003 Preface 2.2 SRi, and then a 2008 Facelift CDTi 150 SRi XP.. There was an awful lot that was on the Preface that got removed from the facelift. I miss the XP.. Replaced it with the Insignia CDTi 160 SRi VX-Line, an awful lot better build quality, but not a patch on the destinctive XP Vectra.
1992 Cav 2.0 8v Diplomat - RIP
1990 Astra 2.0 8v GTE Cabrio
2018 Jaguar XE 180 R-Sport