Vinny The Vectra

An area of the forum dedicated to the other marques and models sat on your driveway (please post only one thread per car)
Purfleet

Vinny The Vectra

Post by Purfleet »

My other toy is a 1996 1.8 GLS Vectra B.

I got 'Vinny' on the 19th of June 2022 with 35642 Miles on the clock

She was first registered on the 1st of May 1996 by W Grose of Northampton (now an Aldi - really did want to take him back for a photo) to a Mr William Weston, who bought it as a retirement gift to himself for £15,137.23.

The car was registered to Mr Weston’s daughter after he died and that is when I got it. When i was speaking to the son-in-law i was told that the car was always serviced at home and any major jobs were sent to the local independent garage. It’s unlikely that anyone ever sat in the back of Vinny until i got her.

Since getting Vinny I have had a new cambelt, camshaft sensor fitted 4 new goodyear vectors and rustproofed

As far as I can tell Vinny is 100% original with the original dealer plates and rear window sticker

Just before christmas the son in law called me and said they had found all the old paperwork and that he would send it on - so we now have all the old MOT’s, Kwit Fit Service records, tax disc etc.

She definitely has not had an exciting 26 years, but she is a fine example with not a spot of rust, and we will be going on a few adventures

https://youtube.com/clip/Ugkx7OkPXE-cdr ... 9LfZ5McLk-

https://postimg.cc/gallery/2kx8FMH
3cav3

Re: Vinny The Vectra

Post by 3cav3 »

Looks a really good example, to me they were always a mk4 Cavalier, a chap I used to work with had an 02 one that was very tired, ( he only paid £150 for it when desperate for transport, but had a good 3 years out of it)we went all round the country in it, and looked so similar inside to the Cavalier. I always promised myself one but when they were common I couldn't afford one, now I can I know I wouldn't use it enough to justify having it, to many cars already on the drive.
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

Sadly many of the 80s and 90s Vauxhall dealerships have gone.

There were approx. 6 or 7 dealers within 10 miles of my home, east of Manchester.
Now there is only one. :(

We nearly bought a used Vectra-B from an ex-dealer,
the wife even had a test drive, but we never followed through.

I do have a few Vectra-B parts on my Cav though...
Powered Sunroof, Cruise Control, bug-eye interior light, and Remote Central Locking.

Nice looking example - not seen many of these for an age...
Just one local to me, that I see every once in a while.
Purfleet

Post by Purfleet »

Thanks All.

Took her out to camber sands with the dogs yesterday, didnt miss a beat and so much better than all the cr@p SUVs around now days

This was going to be my project, but she is so original and perfect there is not a lot i can do other than maintain her to the same standard - hence the reason for getting Charlie the Cavalier

btw i dont use mu cars anything like enough to justify them - i have a 22 year old golf to get to work with 205k miles (ULEZ compliant), Vinny and charlie to play with and then a campervan which we like to use at least a couple of times a month. At least it means that the 20k plus miles i do each year is well spread out

[code]https://postimg.cc/dZLgTffy[/code]
vexorg

Post by vexorg »

I had a few vecrtras, I preferred the look inside and outside of the pre-facelift. The facelift was a bit bland by comparison.
David