Carledo's Way

An area of the forum dedicated to the other marques and models sat on your driveway (please post only one thread per car)
Carledo

Carledo's Way

Post by Carledo »

This is what I do for fun!!! I guess it takes all sorts! Here is my 1974 Triumph Toledo with 20seh engine, Carlton sump, fan, and (massively lightened!) flywheel and an Omega's 5 speed gearbox. First (and only so far) outing at Long Marston Dragway gave me a slightly disappointing 16.85 @79 but winter plans include a Courtnaysport head, fast road cam and remapped ecu so there may be some power over 4500rpm then!!! Steve
28082011255.jpg
28082011253.jpg
28082011256.jpg
TurboDan

Re: Carledo's Way

Post by TurboDan »

Thats cool! Good work on fitting the engine. Although i will say don't bother wasting your money on them upgrade parts just fit a C20xe instead, much better and quicker engine and it will bolt straight in now you have allready done the work to get that engine in. :)
Mikebmth

Post by Mikebmth »

OMG bet that shocks a few chavved up saxos... :lol:
Free Parking is a bonus, leaving my Cav in a carbon dust filled carpark is not.....
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

Prefer that over a shaxo any day. Good project.
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
bigmitch

Post by bigmitch »

TurboDan wrote:Thats cool! Good work on fitting the engine. Although i will say don't bother wasting your money on them upgrade parts just fit a C20xe instead, much better and quicker engine and it will bolt straight in now you have allready done the work to get that engine in. :)
I would go c20let instead as turbodan said you have done the work, that would wind vxr,s and st boys
Lowrider Dave
Club Admin

Post by Lowrider Dave »

Great project, bet that was 'fun' to sort out :D I like the way (apart from the wheels) it looks stock.
Lowrider Dave.

Archer 2.0 GLS
branny361

Post by branny361 »

very nice but agree with the majority , xe it, they really start to sing after 4500
now running a swedish vauxhall...

the old cav vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYC4wHjqAhw

the new saab vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-K5L6UDGFk
Carledo

Post by Carledo »

The simple truth is that I built it with an 8v engine because I had one lying around doing nothing at the time! Believe it or not, the whole car on the road (but not including road tax) owes me just shy of £600! This is a major consideration when you have 4 teenagers still living at home! Yes i'd sorta like a redtop but a) they're expensive to buy and rebuild b) they've all been thrashed stupid and c) I'd have to have a bespoke 4 branch manifold made for it as there's no rwd app for the c20xe - very expensive!
jimmy

Post by jimmy »

That is very cool :cool

Are they MGF alloys? I much prefer the 8valve lumps you don't really hear story's of them being killed!
[center]Image
[/center]
Carledo

Post by Carledo »

jimmy wrote:That is very cool :cool

Are they MGF alloys? I much prefer the 8valve lumps you don't really hear story's of them being killed!
Yes the alloys are MGF Good ol' MG/rover still usin the 3 3/4" pcd metro hubs after all these years! Steve
cavboy180

Post by cavboy180 »

Proper old skool motor with a hint of newer!! Love it... remember 'em as a kid!! ;)
" LS was MORE!! "
jazzfunkster

Post by jazzfunkster »

Carledo wrote:This is what I do for fun!!! I guess it takes all sorts! Here is my 1974 Triumph Toledo with 20seh engine, Carlton sump, fan, and (massively lightened!) flywheel and an Omega's 5 speed gearbox. First (and only so far) outing at Long Marston Dragway gave me a slightly disappointing 16.85 @79 but winter plans include a Courtnaysport head, fast road cam and remapped ecu so there may be some power over 4500rpm then!!! Steve
28082011255.jpg
28082011253.jpg
28082011256.jpg
Seeing one of these certainly takes me back a few years to my childhood, the wheels you have chosen complement the car well and adds that contemporary edge to a classic car, thanks for the pictures and the trip down memory lane. :)