vauxhall vectra gsi saloon

An area of the forum dedicated to the other marques and models sat on your driveway (please post only one thread per car)
TurboSteven77

vauxhall vectra gsi saloon

Post by TurboSteven77 »

This is my 2000 on on w plate vectra gsi.it is motd until march 2012.It has the odd wee rusty bit here and there and a few age related marks but it is 11 year old the interior is mint with no rips or tears and is the genuine recaro interior that comes with the car.the car has a fault it has an issue starting which is caused by the fuel regulator,it has had a fse boost valve fitted to it so i will need to fix it or replace it
it also has a pipercross induction kit,lowered on 16inc sri wheels

plans
facelift lights
gsi wheels
gsi grill
gsi stearing wheel
tints
find wires for cd player fell down back lol
3lt cams
exhuste

pic
humbucker
Club Admin

Re: vauxhall vectra gsi saloon

Post by humbucker »

Is it a Gsi with bits missing, or is it an Sri with Gsi bits on it?! Good choice though, hope you keep this one longer than a week! Let me know if you need a replacement fpr as I might have one knocking about.
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

Ecotec? Didn't know the Vectra GSi's had ecowreck engines, that's boring to see. Much more interesting under the bonnet of a Cav GSi2000.
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
btcctroy
Mk3 Cavalier Rust Buster

Post by btcctroy »

Cavalier342 wrote:Ecotec? Didn't know the Vectra GSi's had ecowreck engines, that's boring to see. Much more interesting under the bonnet of a Cav GSi2000.
ecotec is a badge not the engine.

this is the redtop v6 used in the cav and calibra with different inlet manifold
....with a brew and my favourite biscuits.
TurboSteven77

Post by TurboSteven77 »

humbucker wrote:Is it a Gsi with bits missing, or is it an Sri with Gsi bits on it?! Good choice though, hope you keep this one longer than a week! Let me know if you need a replacement fpr as I might have one knocking about.

yip plan getting her ship shape get her looking like she should yes she real gsi msd number 1789 think it is :thumb

sell skoda buy turbo cavalier so have the to best vauxhalls

how much you want for the fpr ?
btcctroy
Mk3 Cavalier Rust Buster

Post by btcctroy »

fit a 3.8fpr reg to help iron out flat spot.

is that a 2.6 gsi
TurboSteven77

Post by TurboSteven77 »

2,5 v6
V6power

Post by V6power »

sriguy wrote:
Cavalier342 wrote:Ecotec? Didn't know the Vectra GSi's had ecowreck engines, that's boring to see. Much more interesting under the bonnet of a Cav GSi2000.

the vectra engines are not the same as the cavalier ones mate, similiar design but very different. the early cavalier 2.5 V6 (93-early 94)came with the red V6 badge on the cover, the later ones (94-95)have the Ecotec, the only difference is the later ones have an immobilised transponder. The Vectra V6 was redesigned using a different block, different inlet set up. The later calibra V6's share the same block design as the Vectra's but have the C25XE inlet set up.

hope this clears things up.
If in Doubt.......Flat out!
btcctroy
Mk3 Cavalier Rust Buster

Post by btcctroy »

V6power wrote:
sriguy wrote:

the vectra engines are not the same as the cavalier ones mate, similiar design but very different. the early cavalier 2.5 V6 (93-early 94)came with the red V6 badge on the cover, the later ones (94-95)have the Ecotec, the only difference is the later ones have an immobilised transponder. The Vectra V6 was redesigned using a different block, different inlet set up. The later calibra V6's share the same block design as the Vectra's but have the C25XE inlet set up.

hope this clears things up.
there was nothing to clear up. the vectra uses the 2.5 v6 which uses a different inlet manifold with pollution control measures. there were changes to meet the emissions of that time.

the basic engine uses the same heads, blocks are common to be redeveloped as an improvement over that last design. they are still interchangable

the c20xe went through around 8 blocks of differences.

the last being the turbo c20xe/c20let and being the strongest
TurboSteven77

Post by TurboSteven77 »

i of head gaskets away so game over :cry
vauxtillidie

Post by vauxtillidie »

definitly head gasket? symptoms? werent the oil coolers known for going and mixing with the water causing similar sypmtoms to head gasket failure
2006 Flame Red Astra VXR 19's, AFL, Headlamp Washers, Cruise Control, CD70+ AUX In, CID, Bluetooth, Sight & Light, Powerfold Mirrors, DDS/TPMS, Park Pilot, Check Control, Speed Locking - All Retrofitted by me :)
TurboSteven77

Post by TurboSteven77 »

smoke out back end and oil on cap
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

oil in water = oil cooler
water in oil = head gasket

mayo can appear on inside of filler cap if v6 is doing stop start journeys rather than getting a long drive?
specks

Post by specks »

what colour is the smoke,white,blue or black,all mean something different.
V6power

Post by V6power »

The C25XE, X25XE, X30XE, Y26SE and Y32SE all share the same external dimensions (block and heads) including mounting holes etc.
It's the bore/stroke cams and Valves that differ (3.0 and 3.2 have sodium exhaust valves)

The C25XE as mentioned was used from 93 to early 96 (M2.8 ECU), when it was replaced by the X25XE in the Calibra (same inlet as C25XE but with Secondary Air injection and M2.8.1 ECU).

The Vectra from it's release in 1996 had the X25XE with M2.8.3 ECU this added EGR and a new fancy dual port inlet manifold to the Calibra X25XE.

The Omega started with the X25XE in 1994 with M2.8.1 and a similar inlet arrangement to the vectra but yhe primaries are straight up rather then bent on the vectra, the plenum sits on top so the complete package is taller htan the Vectra/Cavalier.

so you see, yes in theory most vauxhall engines in 'basic' form share the same parts, its what makes vauxhall engines easy to play with, but in no way other than basic stripped down form are the C25XE and X25XE the same engines.

as said, hope this clears things up.
If in Doubt.......Flat out!
TurboSteven77

Post by TurboSteven77 »

this can be closed death bell has wrang for it will be getting stript then wieged in even thou its still moted march :cry

its had water leek for while and been ran smoke is gary/white and you can see oil out exhuste and smell of petrol

plus had few folk asking about parts so unless sumeone wants it for 600 its getting stript bare and weighed in :cry