My New Money Saver

An area of the forum dedicated to the other marques and models sat on your driveway (please post only one thread per car)
Hayward691

Re: My New Money Saver

Post by Hayward691 »

A lot has happened since my last post on this... The head decided to give up after the head gasket blew...
Luckily i had a spare head i was planning to put on due to the cam shaft issue...
Turns out the issue with the tappyness was down to some absolute plum putting the old head gasket on upside down, blocking the oil feed to the top of the engine!!!!

After a lot of faffing getting it apart, i got the wrong head.... Mine is a single point injection where as the head i bought was for a multi point injection... not a lot of difference really, just had to make a bracket for the inlet manifold...

all sorted (kind of) now... The rear gearbox mount is on its way out and the clutch release barring is starting to go as well... but will cross that bridge when i get to it.
On the hand brake note... mine may as well not work... the cable has been stretched way to much, so that is on the list to do as its quite important...

But in all honesty, it IS saving me money in petrol as i can get over 400 miles to 45pound where the Cav was double that! But i do miss the power and road presence!!!